|Post Title||Amazon Hiring NYC|
|Post Name||Sr Business Intelligence Engineer, Consumer Security Strategy|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 90000 To USD 98000 Per Year|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10001|
Amazon.com strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can discover virtually anything they want to buy online. The world’s brightest minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers, developers, publishers, and sellers around the world.
We are building a team of professionals that are forward-looking and using the latest technology offerings (AWS cloud services, Machine Learning, Mathematical Optimization, Relational and NoSQL databases) to build new capabilities to operationalize and automate migration methodologies.
We are looking for a Sr Engineer that will automate business metrics, analyze aspects of our business, and provide data-driven recommendations that directly affect Consumer Security priorities and expectations.
You will be providing cutting-edge insights and analytics that help tell the story of how our Consumer Security program is performing.
You will join a team that drives the automation of authoritative datasets that facilitate business analysis and track the performance of our Consumer Security organization. You have a track record of using those datasets and insights to work directly with business and product teams to drive change within your business.
You will work directly with business owners and program managers to translate ambiguous situations into technical implementations that deliver business recommendations that exceed the expectation of your business partners. You understand that automation is key to your success and constantly find techniques to ensure automation and derived datasets are a feature of all your data activities.
As a Sr BI Engineer you will:
- Provide thought leadership in global business deep dives across a variety of key performance indicators.
- Lead technical excellence across the wider BIE team raising the quality bar of all output.
- Drive process efficiency and automation
- Own key executive reports and metrics that are consumed by our VPs and Directors.
- Partner with engineering teams, security leaders, finance, and HR to create key performance indicators and new methodologies for measurement.
- Analyze volumes of data to find the root causes behind variances and drive insights.
- Build new analytical tools, interfacing with business and technical stakeholders
- Retrieve and analyze data from database tables (ex. Redshift, Oracle), learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources, and know-how, when, and which to use and which not to use.
This position may be located in Austin TX, Arlington VA, New York, or Seattle, with other locations possible. Relocation is available.
What makes this role different than all the others out there? Simple: scope. You get the opportunity to work with every part of our Consumer Security team plus external business stakeholders. You will be working on a large number of complex migration projects and be given a lot of independence. This is a new focus area for Consumer Security, so you have the opportunity to put your stamp on it.
- Experience working directly with business stakeholders to translate between data and business needs
- Experience building measures and metrics, and developing reporting solutions such as AWS Quicksight and/or Tableau
- Experience leading and influencing the BI strategy of your team or organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics, or a related discipline or Bachelor’s degree in BI, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, or related field required
- Experience in leading complex large-scale analytical solution implementation
- Advanced skills in SQL, ETL, Data Warehouse solutions, and databases such as S3, Redshift, EMR, Glue, Athena, and SageMaker
- Proven ability to structure complex analysis and perform the analysis to drive insights
- 7+ years in relevant experience as a Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Engineer, Business Analyst, Data Scientist, or equivalent.
- Strong fundamentals in problem-solving, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
- Fluency with statistical analytics and programming languages such as R, Python, Ruby, etc
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.