IT Support Engineer, IT Services
At Amazon, it is believed that every day is still day one.
A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It’s your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That’s the energy and passion behind Amazon. Amazon strives to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, exceptionally talented, bright and driven people are needed. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and distributes millions of products each year to its loyal customers.
Amazon’s overall mission is simple: to be the place where customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever customers want, means to deliver it will be found. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds.
This is your chance to make history.
Amazon global IT support is looking for IT Support Engineer in Warsaw to join our team.
- To provide a 1st / 2nd and 3rd line support service that ensures all IT equipment and infrastructure is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental KPIs and SLAs are met. Escalating where required. Whether it be a single end user or an IT peer the role requires the individual to support and solve all issues – no job is too big or small.
- To draft, support, audit and move the bar with regards to standards and the corresponding documentation. Helping define processes and measures to ensure their success.
- Project support and management including acting as a single point of contact for projects, to provide technical support/input to site and team projects and initiatives. Including prioritization of workloads for both local and remote teams to ensure project delivery.
- To act as a point of contact for contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate technical issues and Amazon standards.
- To audit, support and execute change management requests as required (which does include out of hours work).
- Interact with suppliers, request quotes and purchase equipment in accordance with policies, budgets and operational demand; including all aspects of procurement and inventory management.
- To carry out ad-hoc requests as and when required.
- Contribute to the on call schedule for cases with critical impact.
- Hands-on experience with PC hardware, software and O/S support (including installation, configuration and troubleshooting) with exposure to a wide variety of products, issues and customer types.
- You will be the main point of contact for individuals reporting or highlighting issues with systems or equipment, with hands-on experience supporting all levels of IT infrastructure as well as Windows, Linux/Unix and Macintosh platforms.
- English and Polish language skills
- Customer facing experience
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
- Previous experience in which high levels of initiative, judgment, and tact have been demonstrated.
- In addition, you will need a proven ability to operate in extreme high-pressure situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
- Ability to develop clear, concise documentation.
- Experience in procurement, inventory and asset management of IT equipment as well as managing the IT life cycle.
- Superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills and experience and the ability to deal effectively with people at different levels and in different situations.
- Hardware knowledge / experience – support and repair.
- An advanced understanding of technical issues, both hardware and software, for infrastructure (servers, networking, telephony) and end user equipment.
- Holds an understanding of core internet technologies – DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, mail transport/s.
- Active Directory and Windows Server administration. Windows 7 system support.
- Linux/Unix system support and ability to write simple scripts in some administrative language.
- Apple Mac OSX support.
- Support of office/productivity software including Microsoft Office
- Mobile device support such as iPhone and/or Android
- Video conferencing setup and troubleshooting.
- VPN client support.
- A broad understanding of networking technologies both wired and wireless. Port level troubleshooting of Cisco switches and data cabling knowledge.
- A good understanding of VoIP technologies
- Ability to understand and execute change management activities
- Ability to liaise with vendors for all steps of the procurement process.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.