Business Analyst, EU Amazon Global Selling
- 3+ years of tax, finance or a related analytical field experience
- 5+ years of Excel (including VBA, pivot tables, array functions, power pivots, etc.) and data visualization tools such as Tableau experience
- 3+ years of business or financial analysis experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience defining requirements and using data and metrics to draw business insights
- Experience with Excel
- Experience with SQL
- Experience making business recommendations and influencing stakeholders
- Experience in financial/business analysis
Do you want to be part of the next multi-billion-dollar business at Amazon? Does the challenge of simplifying the complex world of cross-border selling excite you? If yes, then come join us in our journey of innovation as we fuel the selection flywheel for Customers around the world!
Today more than 58% of worldwide purchases from Amazon are made from third party businesses, that’s $160B in sales, mostly from Small and Medium sized businesses. Customers outside of Europe have access to a mere fraction of the fascinating selection from EU Marketplace Selling Partners. Amazon Global Selling (AGS) is enabling global customers get access to millions of new products from Marketplace Selling Partners at cheaper and faster shipping rates. It is a high-visibility initiative that is helping Amazon march towards its vision of enabling Customers around the globe to have access to the best selection at the best price.
This highly visible and strategic role will require you to be passionate about dealing with ambiguous business problems and using your critical thinking and analysis to influence Amazon business decisions. To be successful in this role you will need to be able to deal with ambiguity, be effective at cross-team collaboration, and passionate about using data to drive decisions. Strong SQL skills will be essential and you will need to be savvy about leveraging large data sets and using a broad range of statistical, data mining, and scripting technologies.
In this role you will…
- Design, develop and maintain optimized solutions that meet reporting or process improvement needs.
- Manage a portfolio of solutions, work with multiple stakeholders and communicate effectively progress and blockers with the project team and sponsors.
- Design and own processes that are customer centric and will improve the operational efficiency.
- Identify high impact business problems and collect requirements for solution development.
- Develop ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) jobs, visualization dashboards and tools that support processes.
- Develop optimized scripts and visualizations that are fast and easy to comprehend.
- Adopt existing best practices or contribute to improving them; solution design, development, validation and documentation practices.
- Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting.
- Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use.
- Conduct deep dive analyses of business problems and formulate conclusions and recommendations to be presented to senior leadership.
- Produce written recommendations and insights for key stakeholders that will help shape effective metric development and reporting.
This role will likely be a good fit for you if you currently:
- Use business analyses to propose innovative and profitable business initiatives to senior management/executives.
- Analyze and synthesize large data streams across multiple inputs (especially using SQL).
- Find and create ways to measure the customer experience to drive business outcomes.
- Curious to identify patterns in data and how they relate to the business outcomes.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or equivalent
- Experience and ability to effectively gather information from multiple data sources
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.