Are you interested in working with the latest cloud computing technologies and becoming a core part of the largest cloud infrastructure on the planet?
AWS is seeking a System Engineer that will autonomously drive the design and implementation of new services, find ways to improve and automate our existing services, and provide escalation and mentoring for junior team members. They will be working in a large-scale, high availability environment, managing our Storage (S3, Glacier) services.
The right candidate for this position has a strong technical background in Linux systems administration that allows them to approach any problem with confidence and ingenuity. They must be a “lifelong learner”, embracing the rapid innovations in technology and understanding how to leverage them to continue to improve our products. They will be customer-obsessed, always looking to understand customer paint points and find resolution quickly and completely. They will be passionate about finding innovative solutions, and work proactively to solve potential problems and inefficiencies. And they must be able to communicate clearly and collaborate with others to deliver results with minimal supervision.
- Experience in Linux system administration – 5+ years
- Experience in automating manual tasks – 5+ years
- Understanding of network fundamentals (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, routing, switching, HTTP) – 5+ years
- Working independently to identify areas for automation & passionate about finding innovative solutions
- Engineering experience in a large-scale, high-availability environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience
- Advanced knowledge of configuration management systems such as: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or related systems.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to dive deep into complex technical problems
- Experience managing large server fleets
- Experience with hardware and software load balancing technologies
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.