Technical Infrastructure Program Mgr
Do you like helping organizations implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solving technical challenges? Are you committed to fundamentally transforming the way government agencies partner with industry to meet mission requirements? Do you have experience planning, executing, managing and delivering large complex projects? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers globally. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels AWS’s multi-tenant infrastructure. Governmental organizations are also looking to and depending on AWS for cloud solutions and services to support their missions.
Here at AWS, it’s in our nature to learn and be curious about diverse perspectives. Our employee-led affinity groups foster a culture of inclusion that empower employees to feel proud of our differences. Ongoing events and learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and Amazon (gender diversity) conferences, inspire us to never stop embracing our uniqueness.
AWS is seeking a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to support the AWS Global Infrastructure Operations (Infra-Ops) organization. This organization operates rapidly, building and scaling high availability data centers supporting government customers. They execute server and network equipment installations, IT hardware repairs, data center mechanical, electrical and HVAC system operations and maintenance, physical security operations and logistics operations on a 24×7 basis. The TPM must bring together multiple functional and technical capabilities to support the full life-cycle of a data center (e.g., headcount modeling, infrastructure operations requirements, data center designs, construction, cabling infrastructure, network and services builds and hardware decommissioning). The right candidate will understand how to work across organizations to coordinate planning, leverage capabilities to influence data center designs and operational models for both current and future operations.
The ideal candidate will lead cross functional teams to drive the planning and implementation of programmatic and strategic operational models and new concepts globally. Additionally, develop and document operational requirements, and aggressive project schedules. The Technical Program Manager works across various organizations to provide infrastructure operations subject matter expertise and define project scope, solutions, phase deliverables, key milestones, and evaluates risks and the creation of contingency plans.
The ideal candidate will bring project management, data center operations, physical infrastructure, networking, process creation and improvement, critical thinking and risk management skills to this position.
Candidate must be comfortable managing remote project delivery teams, and possess the ability to facilitate technical whiteboard sessions to troubleshoot project implementation issues, and remove barriers to project success. The Technical Program Manager will be fully competent in project management tools and techniques for all phases of the project life cycle.
- Serve as the Infrastructure Operations liaison between Networking TPMs, Infra Capacity and Construction TPMs, and other service teams on a number of cross-departmental initiatives, data center builds and projects.
- Participate in current and future region strategic, operational and tactical level planning and forecasting efforts
- Manage multiple, cross functional and large scale process re-engineering efforts
- Document and standardize cross functional processes and procedures
- Develop, communicate, and maintain project road maps
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Additional tasks as assigned by senior leadership
- Travel required up to 25% of the time.
- 5+ years of experience in technical program/project management
- 1+ years of experience managing process re-engineering and improvement efforts
- 2+ years of experience planning, executing, managing and delivering large complex projects on time and within budget.
- 2+ years of experience developing detailed project schedules, charters, and execution plans.
- Bachlelor’s Degree in IT Business Management or IT related field.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) or comparable Industry experience
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Experience in cabling infrastructure
- Experience in Network Architecture and design
- Experience in data center design, construction and operations
- Experience in Building Management Services (BMS) and Electrical Monitoring Systems (EPMS)
- Familiarization with classified environment security standards and directives
- Experience in developing design drawings using Bluebeam, AutoCAD or equivalent
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.