HR Regional Partner
At Amazon, our HR Regional Partners (Builder HR Partner team) are known for their knowledge of HR programs, processes and tools. They act as the frontline consultant to the business supporting managers in creating a positive employee and offering the best HR advice on people matters.
They operate independently and are seen as subject matter experts, having deep knowledge in business lines and local programs, processes and policies. They offer strong, credible and compelling advice to business leaders on how to manage their team. They are committed to collaboration with multiple HR Business Partners and HR Centers of Excellence like Benefits, Compensation and Employee relation teams who support AWS.
Managers collaborate using different communication channels with the HR Regional Partners (HRP) to support sensitive and often complex employee issues including disciplinary, performance improvement and grievance processes. These channels can include 1:1s, multiple stakeholder meetings, as well as scalable learning formats to educate Managers on relevant people matters.
The HRP will act as an influential partner in helping managers with talent management processes, people development, and implementation of organizational changes. Thanks to their visibility across businesses and their access to employee data, HR Regional Partners are in a position to spot trends, identify emerging needs and address them in collaboration with the appropriate business or HR stakeholders.
1. Onboarding and HR Administration
- Partner with HR Services (HRS) to ensure that people transactions are processed timely and processes are continuously reviewed, improved and streamlined
- Act as the site leader on topics/requests that are site specific like policies, labor law changes impacting local HR processes, and compliance.
2. Employee Relations & Support
- Process ownership for Employee Relations management, including disciplinary & performance improvement
- Consult managers on people matters that require in depth knowledge of policies, procedures and local legislation, across multiple countries
- Conduct investigations and manage ER cases, in coordination with the Employee Relations and with the Legal departments
- Support the leaver process and partner with the managers
- Review local policies and processes in order to ensure that they are fit for purpose
3. Performance management
- Work with people managers through performance management cases
- Analyze data and trends on ER and performance management, in order to provide input to the business strategy with the relevant HR Business Partner to prevent the recurrence of known issues
4. Talent Management
- Coach, train and guide managers during the Talent Management and Annual Compensation Planning processes
- Consult Managers on employee compensation concerns.
- Develop toolkit and communications that help managers to be self-sufficient with Talent Reviews
5. People Development
- Support managers and employees in identifying training opportunities to further develop functional and managerial skills.
- Support people managers with career conversations, Development Plans/Career Growth Plans and other development initiatives.
6. Organization and change management
- Manage employees’ programs and support managers to drive improvements in employees’ engagement
- Provide support to HR Business Partners and the business on change initiatives
7. HR General:
- Design and deliver Manager Education initiatives to further drive collective education and manager effectiveness
- Analyze data and observations across the organization, highlighting trends and recommending/driving solutions, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, in Human Resources or related field
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking and analysis.
- Strong communication skills; excellent spoken and written English, any additional languages a plus
- Drives recommendations and prioritization in collaboration with HR or business leaders to put decisions into a broader business context.
- Thrives in a high-pressure environment and able to manage multiple simultaneous priorities
- Possesses intellectual curiosity; brings insight into the team & business
- Labour Law knowledge of local country
- Project management and execution skills.
- Coaching and consulting skills
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.