Regional Environmental Manager
Our team is seeking a Regional Environmental Manager (REM) who will lead and drive environmental operational excellence across our Fulfillment operations within Canada. The REM will also provide technical support at our existing operations and future expansion across the region.
This role is responsible for ensuring strategy and operational tactics are executed by providing technical support for existing operations and future expansion across multiple facilities within their region.
This role is virtually based in the Ontario, Canada and will report to the Canadian Business Environmental Leader through the Amazon Environmental Assurance and Protection organization. The REM travels up to 50%. Candidates MUST live or be willing to relocate to Ontario.
Key job responsibilities
-Utilize risk assessments and compliance evaluations, to lead continuous improvement initiatives to minimize environmental aspects and impacts and communicate and implement best practices.
-Manage and execute multi-site responsibilities to comply with air emissions, storm-water, waste, wastewater and other environmental related laws, regulations and permits, which includes required Federal, Provincial and local reporting for Canada.
-Develop and maintain relationships with business partners to support their success in environmental compliance, performance and sustainability initiatives.
-Manage and execute business conformance with Amazon Environmental policies through effective execution of Amazon Operational Environmental Procedures.
-Develop relevant environmental procedures as dictated by business and regulatory needs. Train and monitor to ensure proper execution.
-Provide strategic environmental support and regulatory review for future business growth and expansion.
-Partner with operations, special projects and support teams in supporting the change management process.
-With continual scaling of organization, will grow to manage a team to successfully support business needs.
A day in the life
The Regional Environmental Manager will partner with operations leadership teams in their region to execute company environmental procedures and ensure compliance with all applicable specific Federal, Provincial and Local regulations.
The REM sends clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. The REM uses program and environmental regulatory knowledge and demonstrate this expertise when working with teams throughout Canada. The REM will deliver a strategy for execution across multiple businesses supported by your leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years’ experience serving as an business environmental leader, regional manager, technical resource, program specialist, and/or program manager
- Experience using written and verbal communication skills, including interfacing with site and regional leaders
- Experience diving deep with engineering teams to understand operations process for environmental risk assessment
- Experience using knowledge of Canadian federal environmental regulations Experience engaging with Regulatory Agency in permit application
- Experience managing change in multiple site environments and the ability to influence peers and superiors
- Broad knowledge of Canadian/North American environmental regulations
- Experience in logistics
- Experience demonstrating a high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others and achieve results
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
- Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and the use of pivot tables and the development of charts and graphics
- Ability to manage multiple sites/remotely • Excellent ownership, and solid leadership engagement skills
- Effective communicator, sending clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.