Regional Sales Manager
Amazon has one of the largest & most trusted shipping networks in India (ATS). We want to extend the benefits of these shipping services to D2C brands and SMBs for their own business to help them serve their customers better & in turn grow their business. This role will be responsible for managing a team responsible for acquiring and managing customers for this growing business.
We are seeking a street-smart, result-oriented candidate with B2B sales and business development experience and preferably from the shipping & logistics industry. Candidate should be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities and changing landscapes. One should be collaborative, but equally data-driven and analytical. The individual should constantly strive to expand our understanding of the metrics and industry.
As a Regional Sales Manager, you will own the sales performance of the territory. This will need you to create an understanding of the product and target market and create your sales strategy to onboard new shippers and win business volume from them. Additionally, you will be responsible for maintaining positive shipper relations by managing critical input levers.
The role will also include training the team members and provide support to address operational issues. To be successful in this role one needs to have superior business development skills and demonstrate bias for action, analytical ability, and an eye for detail. Earn Trust, Dive Deep, Hire & Develop the Best, Deliver Results, Customer obsession, and ability to influence the leadership. This role provides opportunities to develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions in a competitive and ever-changing business climate.
Key job responsibilities
• Manage a sales team with 6-10 members to acquire new shippers for Amazon Shipping and win volume (#Shipments and Revenue) through positive onboarding and post-launch experience.
• Develop sales strategy for your region and team. Understand the success levers and develop sales strategies to articulate its benefits to prospective shippers.
• Hire, train and manage a sales team across multiple locations
• Develop and implement standard operating processes to scale the working of the function.
• Help define the target market base and industry verticals we target for various services using local knowledge, secondary research and past data
• Lead the team to ensure the right quality of onboarding to ensure early success and long term retention of the shippers
- More than 5 year of experience in B2B Sales management incuding minimum 3 years in team-leading roles
- Experience in an analytical, results-oriented environment with external customer interaction.
- Proven ability to manage the business “by the numbers”. Must be metrics-driven.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
- Knowledge of English, Hindi is a must. Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with e-commerce or logistics.
- Deep understanding of the B2C transportation landscape in India with prior interactions with shippers
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.