Data Center Technician
Level 3 Data Center Technician
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for fully cleared* Data Center Technicians to join our expanding Infrastructure Operations team. Data Center Technicians are the primary resolver and troubleshoot and solve a range of datacenter infrastructure issues including, but not limited to: hardware, fiber, networking, and related problems.
If you would like to use IT principles like computer architecture and the OSI model (Open Systems Interconnection Model) and apply them to finding solutions to problems, we’d like to meet you. Your work will help to maintain one of the world’s largest information system infrastructures.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and we are even more committed to working with you to make that happen. Depending on the type of job, you will be required to engage in physical data center activities with or without reasonable accommodation. This includes all tasks associated with planning and tracking capacity, rack deployment, rack cabling, hardware and software troubleshooting, and rack decommissioning.
These activities include the following:
• Lifting and moving material up to 49 pounds each
• Working in cramped and/or elevated locations
• Bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching
• Standing and walking for up to 8+ hours a day
• Ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways safely and without limitation
• Work in a noisy environment
• Work shifts longer than 8 hours to support 24/7 operations (covering both night and day shifts).
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. We pioneered cloud computing and never stopped innovating — that’s why customers from the most successful startups to Global 500 companies trust our robust suite of products and services to power their businesses.
* This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
A day in the life
Through this training opportunity, fully cleared candidates (Top Secret w/polygraph) will be provided paid training, both in-classroom and on the job, to bring their skills current with that of our Data Center Technician professionals, who have industry-leading technical abilities and demonstrate a breadth of knowledge while they:
• Take ownership of technical issues brought by their customer base, engaging other teams when needed to drive resolution
• Show a strong aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving
• Solve problems at their root and step back to understand the broader context
• Maintain service level agreements through the implementation of proactive issue detection and reporting
• Are biased to act in the absence of direction or support
• Improve effectiveness through process innovation
You will be required to work shift work that will include days/nights/weekends/holidays.
- Associate’s degree in IT-related field or equivalent professional or military experience
- 2+ years of experience with server hardware
- 1+ years of experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
· Hands-on experience with one or more of the follow hardware platforms (e.g. Dell, HP) is a plus.
· Networking experience with CCNA and/or Network+ certifications is a plus.
· Previous experience working in a Data Center environment (racking & stacking gear, cable management, hot & cold aisle containment).
· Associate’s degree in IT-related field plus two years of progressively responsible experience preferred.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
·IT Hardware and concepts
·RAID, SAN, x86 Architecture, SCSI
·Command Line Interface
·Network device and protocol configuration
·Base Operating System Install
·Scripting: Perl, Python, Bash
·Core OS Services: ssh, telnet, ftp, nfs, dns, dhcp, samba, ldap, cvs
·Copper and Fiber Optic Testing and Cabling Standards
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.