Data Center Technician
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for fully cleared* Data Center Technicians to join our expanding Infrastructure Operations team. Data Center Technicians are the primary resolver and troubleshoot and solve a range of datacenter infrastructure issues including, but not limited to: hardware, fiber, networking, and related problems.
If you would like to use IT principles like computer architecture and the OSI model (Open Systems Interconnection Model) and apply them to finding solutions to problems, we’d like to meet you. Your work will help to maintain one of the world’s largest information system infrastructures.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and we are even more committed to working with you to make that happen. Depending on the type of job, you will be required to engage in physical data center activities with or without reasonable accommodation. This includes all tasks associated with planning and tracking capacity, rack deployment, rack cabling, hardware and software troubleshooting, and rack decommissioning.
These activities include the following:
• Lifting and moving material up to 49 pounds each
• Working in cramped and/or elevated locations
• Bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching
• Standing and walking for up to 8+ hours a day
• Ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways safely and without limitation
• Work in a noisy environment
• Work shifts longer than 8 hours to support 24/7 operations (covering both night and day shifts).
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. We pioneered cloud computing and never stopped innovating — that’s why customers from the most successful startups to Global 500 companies trust our robust suite of products and services to power their businesses.
* This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
A day in the life
Through this training opportunity, fully cleared candidates (Top Secret w/polygraph) will be provided paid training, both in-classroom and on the job, to bring their skills current with that of our Data Center Technician professionals, who have industry-leading technical abilities and demonstrate a breadth of knowledge while they:
• Take ownership of technical issues brought by their customer base, engaging other teams when needed to drive resolution
• Show a strong aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving
• Solve problems at their root and step back to understand the broader context
• Maintain service level agreements through the implementation of proactive issue detection and reporting
• Are biased to act in the absence of direction or support
• Improve effectiveness through process innovation
You will be required to work shift work that will include days/nights/weekends/holidays.
- Associate’s degree in IT-related field or equivalent professional or military experience
- 2+ years of experience with server hardware
- 1+ years of experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
· Hands-on experience with one or more of the follow hardware platforms (e.g. Dell, HP) is a plus.
· Networking experience with CCNA and/or Network+ certifications is a plus.
· Previous experience working in a Data Center environment (racking & stacking gear, cable management, hot & cold aisle containment).
· Associate’s degree in IT-related field plus two years of progressively responsible experience preferred.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Here at AWS, it’s in our nature to learn and be curious. Our employee-led affinity groups foster a culture of inclusion that empower us to be proud of our differences. Ongoing events and learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences, inspire us to never stop embracing our uniqueness.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you would like to request an accommodation for the interview or onboarding process, please let us know and we will connect you to our accommodation team.
We value work-life harmony. Achieving success at work should never come at the expense of sacrifices at home, which is why flexible work hours and arrangements are part of our culture. When we feel supported in the workplace and at home, there’s nothing we can’t achieve in the cloud.
We have a career path for you no matter what stage you’re in when you start here. We’re continuously raising our performance bar as we strive to become Earth’s Best Employer. That’s why you’ll find endless knowledge-sharing, mentorship and other career-advancing resources here to help you develop into a better-rounded professional.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.