Amazon Web Services is seeking motivated individuals to fill the Datacenter Logistics Specialist position. The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and a commitment to operational excellence.
You’ll be part of a team that’s responsible for delivering the world’s best data center services across the globe. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a constant stream of new technologies
and products and experience opportunities to learn and grow while being surrounded by a motivated and diverse team.
This role will provide an introduction to working in Logistics at AWS. The Logistics Specialist is responsible for the maintenance of onsite parts room in the AWS Data Centers and the custody of computer hardware from arrival through to departure. Day to day tasks will involve completing lifecycle cycle counts, picking and delivering parts to the hardware technicians, shipping faulty hardware back to the vendor and then receiving / logging replacement parts.
Key job responsibilities
- Handle the day-to-day logistics activities to support data center operation
- Perform receiving, RMA processing, cycle count and stock transfer.
- Schedule incoming shipment and access clearance at colo sites
- Participate in improvement initiative.
- Diploma in Supply Chain, Logistics or Engineering discipline
- 3-5 years of working experience, preferably in Logistics
- Good knowledge in WMS and Microsoft office applications
- Good Communication skills (English speaking, writing and reading skills).
- Skilled in project management and inventory management
- Good knowledge of Lean and CI methodologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.