AV Support Engineer
The AV support Engineer will be responsible for providing in person service and support to all Amazonians utilizing AV/VC systems for events, meetings, and other needs. They will work with on-premise IT technicians, contractors and integrators to troubleshoot issues with these systems. They will have an understanding of the broad variety of AV standards deployed at Amazon and be capable of resolving complex issues. They will have the communication skills to guide both peers and non-technical Amazonians in rapidly implementing workarounds to unblock events.
The successful AV Support Engineer will be customer focused and motivated by team success. They will be innovative, energetic, and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with a high volume of urgent requests and ambiguity. They will be committed, flexible and have demonstrated the ability to maintain high levels of productivity with while working independently with minimal supervision. They will demonstrate strong initiative and genuine curiosity.
Key job responsibilities
• On-site troubleshooting of AV systems, particularly complex integrated systems such as large conference rooms, training rooms, executive rooms and bespoke or legacy systems.
• Working with on-premise IT technicians, contractors and integrators through troubleshooting and repair procedures
• Communicating with manufacturers and vendors to arrange repair or RMA of faulty equipment and managing local inventory
• Working closely with partner teams including AV hardware deployment, AV Escalation and MeetEx to drive continuous improvement of the customer experience
• Maintaining communication with customers and stakeholders, informing them of incident progress via thorough ticket documentation and the use of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Collaborating on technical documentation and SOPs, incorporating field learnings and customer feedback
• Daily travel between sites in the metro area required
• Must be able to lift or carry equipment up to 40 lbs and use hand tools as needed
• Ability to work at height (<= 8 Feet)
• Occasional after hours work may be required.
- BA/BS degree in a related technical field, or equivalent industry experience
- 2+ years of experience in the AV sector with a proven record of effectively commissioning, configuring, troubleshooting or installing corporate AV systems
- Experience working with AV technologies such as Extron, Crestron, BiAmp, Cisco, Shure and Poly; control systems, DTP systems, matrix switchers, extenders and audio DSPs
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving and diagnosis skills with a strong understanding of signal flow
- Experience with network technology including video and audio over IP (e.g. Dante/AES)
- Ability to establish and build healthy working relationships and partnerships with peers, customers, vendors and suppliers
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, both oral and written
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills with attention to detail
- CTS, CTS-I or CTS-D, or Cedia equivalent
- Crestron DMC-T or DMC-E Certification
- SynAudCon Training
- CTI-P101 Foundations of Crestron Programming Certification
- Additional Certifications or formal training by AV manufacturers (e.g. Crestron, Extron, Biamp, QSC, Cisco, Dante, etc.)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.