Principal Program Manager, Global Customer Contact & Virtual Support
|Post Name||Principal Program Manager, Global Customer Contact & Virtual Support|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 25 To USD 32 Per Hour|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
As the Principal Program Manager for the Global Virtual Services team in the ITS organization, you will be highly visible, being the principal owner and accountable for managing the scope of initiatives and big bets, mechanisms, cadences, data metrics & analytics, documents (business reviews, organization review documents, minutes, etc.), budget and headcount requests, process improvement programs and projects, and overall Leadership Team project and program support. This role has a direct partnership with all internal IT Services partners as part of a matrixed environment and is the glue that keeps the organization functioning, in addition to supporting operational managers to drive programs and holding all accountable.
Specific initiatives will include but are not limited to building and executing various change and integration programs at a global level, and building and driving people and customer programs in support of partner SME teams at both a global and regional level. In addition, this individual will establish reporting dashboard and metrics in partnership with SME teams to track operational performance, measure the success of programs, and monitor the organizational health of the team, and will also be able to work on ad-hoc Projects and programs that will come up on an as-needed basis.
The ideal candidate:
- Is independent, autonomous, creative, and self-driven with the ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment with minimal guidance, and demonstrates good judgment.
- Possesses strong project and program management capabilities
- Possesses strong teamwork, problem-solving, and execution skills
- Is creative, analytical, and customer-obsessed (i.e. thinks about the needs of the Virtual Services team, ITS employees, and the business)
- Is highly organized and is able to multi-task and prioritize competing requests from different stakeholders
- Is able to earn trust and influence others to drive actions; relies heavily on influence, not authority to drive teams and resources toward project goals and outcomes
- Possesses a can-do spirit
- Is attentive to details and insists on the highest standards
- Has exceptional writing and communications skills
- Able to operate in a lean, fast-paced, entrepreneurial, multi-cultural environment
Key job responsibilities
- 8+ years of experience in senior program management roles, or related fields
- Strong consulting, facilitation, and coaching skills, with the ability to influence leaders in a global, highly-matrixed environment
- Project/program management skills include planning work, prioritizing and managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, and delivering results with tight deadlines.
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new features sets
- Experience in analyzing the cost/benefit of feature selection
- Experience in on-time and on-budget delivery of large complex projects.
- Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience across multiple areas of IT, customer experience, and organizational change.
- Experience leading programs, specifically integration programs.
- Experience in a high-growth business environment.
- Demonstrated strengths in problem-solving, issue resolution, attention to detail, and ability to simultaneously manage multiple priorities.
- The successful candidate will have a customer focus, diverse work experience, and a business curiosity/strategic viewpoint.
- The candidate will have strong analytical skills, attention to detail, good judgment, strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to self-start and be self-motivated.
- Experience identifying and resolving issues independently will take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances.
- Strong bias for action and get-stuff-done attitude.
Master’s or MBA degree
A day in the life
You will be the primary point of contact for the coordination and management of strategic, cross-functional, business-critical projects and programs through the Virtual Services organization. These assignments will be complex in nature and support vertical, global, and regional leaders’ requirements, in partnership with delivery and SME partners. Building rapport and relationships, and influence to facilitate positive outcomes are key.
About the team
This role will form part of a great leadership team that is highly driven, and passionate with a fun dynamic. We work hard, but we trust and elevate each other without ego and work towards collective success.
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end-to-end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit amazon.jobs.