Wellness WHS Specialist
One focus area of the Amazon Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) mission is to provide tools, resources, and environments that support safe, efficient, healthy behaviors and encourage employees to proactively manage their health and wellbeing. To support this focus area, Amazon is seeking an experienced and innovative Wellness WHS Specialist to join our team. In this position, will serve as a designated safety representative of your assigned fulfillment center (FC), coordinating and implementing all areas of the Amazon Global WHS Program as directed by the WHS Leadership Team. You will influence behavior and inspire commitment on the part of all personnel in complying with Amazon safety standards and maintaining a safe work environment. This will include conducting training and coaching associates on observed work habits in support of this effort.
The Wellness WHS Specialist will be expected proactively analyze tasks for potential ergonomic & safety issues, perform biomechanical & ergonomic assessments, and execute other Amazon injury prevention activities. You will also provide conservative care, first aid Level One treatment to injured Associates and educate them on ways to perform their tasks effectively without undue stress or strain on the body. As a WES you will support management’s efforts to ensure compliance with all corporate EHS program expectations and applicable federal and state law. You will conduct risk assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard Analysis), new equipment introductions, recommend appropriate risk mitigation measures to Management, including ergonomic considerations, in all such efforts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Identify and inform management of compliance issues, safety risks, and improvement opportunities through the conduct of daily, weekly & monthly audits
– Participate in incident investigation process, especially those related to MSDs injuries
– Evaluate trends in soft tissue injuries and develop action items to address injury trends
– Minimize the risk of injury of employees through awareness, education and intervention Attend and participate at “start-up” meetings to lead daily stretching routines
– Frequent “floor time” to interact with both associates and managers, providing coaching on observed at-risk work habits
– Understand and learn each department and job function within the warehouse to fully understand the body mechanics involved in every task
– Be actively involved with improvements to the standard work process and maintain required paperwork to comply with Amazon standards
– Provide (or facilitate access to) immediate aid for associates, visitors, vendors, or guests that need assistance, or medical attention
– Enter Safety Incident Information in metrics database in a timely manner
– Train and assist others (Area Managers, Safety Team Members, etc.) in completing their Safety responsibilities (Audits, Follow Safety Rules, etc.)
– Ability to communicate health and safety needs to all levels of the organization
– Ability to produce ergonomic risk assessment reports, provide suggestions on control measures, and have the ability to drive change
– Calm demeanor in emergency situations
– Available to work flexible shifts which could include days, nights and/or weekends
– High school or equivalent
– Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in athletic training, ergonomic, kinesiology, or related field
– Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel in a professional capacity
– Experience maintaining confidentiality in matters involving security and/or personnel issues in the work place
– Knowledge of WSIB/WorkSafe BC and/or OSHA regulations, specifically 29 CFR 1910
– Interest in WHS or safety
– Strong communication, teamwork, analysis, judgement, and customer focus skills
– Ability to analyze accident data, new processes, and possible solutions for potential safety concerns, conduct job hazard, and job safety analysesAmazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.