Offensive Security Engineer
|Post Name||Offensive Security Engineer|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 35 To CAD 40 Per Hour|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
The Devices and Services (D&S) Trust & Security teamwork ensures that our devices and services are designed and implemented to the high standards required to maintain and enhance customer trust. Security and Privacy are paramount to maintaining trust and we need to continue to build trusted products, maintain and operate trusted environments, and advocate trust to customers and stakeholders.
The team develops security automation for devices & services, performs penetration testing, and handles and tracks incident responses to resolution. The Trust team is responsible for enabling business growth and innovation while honoring data policies and controls that help protect customer trust. We are responsible for defining and executing the security and privacy requirements across the entire organization.
Are you interested in being part of a top-notch offensive security team covering Amazon devices (including Kindle, FireTV, Halo health band, Astro robots, Kuiper Satellites, and ecosystem, Echo family of devices, etc.) and services providing exciting experiences to customers? If you want to keep customers’ data safe through creative innovations, we have a job for you!
A day in the life
As an offensive security engineer, you will:
- Support and operate on offensive security “Red Team” campaigns of our products, systems, and processes to improve our ability to protect, detect and respond to adversaries and protect our customers
- Develop innovative and scalable tools, solutions, and processes to enhance the team’s velocity and scale to Amazon’s needs
- Communicate with partner teams and technology leaders to prioritize and execute remediation plans
- Effectively collaborate in a fast-paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization (threat intelligence, incident response, software development, QA, Project/Release Management, Build, and Release, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in multiple security engineering disciplines (red teaming, penetration testing, security operations, application security, fuzz testing, etc.)
- Master’s degree or advanced technical degree
- Experience with Windows, Linux, and macOS operating systems
- Experience running Red Team or penetration testing campaigns in large, complex organizations
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills that allow you to, compellingly, and effectively influence audiences internally and externally, across organizational boundaries
- Deep knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of Cloud security principles (preferably AWS)
- Experience in automation via scripting and configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Security testing tools including Cobalt Strike, C2 infrastructure, Nmap, Burp Suite, etc
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through the actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, and describe software product features, and technical designs.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.