AWS Technical Consultant
|Post Name||AWS Technical Consultant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||NZD 44 To NZD 48 Per Hour|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
- Experience in 1 or more technology domains across Cloud, Compute, Storage, Networking, CDN, Databases, DevOps, Big Data and Analytics, Security, Applications Development
- Internal enterprise or external customer-facing experience with the ability to clearly articulate to small and large audiences
- Ability to juggle tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Customer obsession
Key job responsibilities
- You’ll build solutions, provide technical guidance and advocate for the customer
- Ensure AWS environments remain operationally healthy whilst reducing cost and complexity
- Develop trusting relationships with customers, understanding their business needs and technical challenges
- Using your technical acumen and customer obsession, you’ll drive technical discussions regarding incidents, trade-offs, and risk management
- Consult with a range of partners from developers to C-suite executives
- Collaborate with AWS Solutions Architects, Business Developers, Professional Services Consultants, and Sales Account Managers
- With a bias for action, you’ll proactively find opportunities for customers to gain additional value from AWS
- Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed prelaunch planning
- Being part of a wider Enterprise Support team you’ll provide post-sales, consultative expertise
- Solve a variety of problems across different customers as they migrate their workloads to the cloud
- Uplift customer capabilities by running workshops, brown bag sessions, etc.
As we continue to rapidly expand in NZ, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to develop your technical, consulting, and leadership skills. You’ll work with talented cloud technologists whilst expanding your knowledge of AWS products. You’ll also have the chance to receive mentorship and gain AWS certifications.
A day in the life
Internally we call this role a Technical Account Manager (TAM). Externally you operate as a Technical Consultant by earning the trust of our customers and have a direct impact in helping our customers gain the most value from cloud technology. You’ll craft and execute strategies to drive our customers’ adoption and use of AWS services.
Our Technical Account Managers partner with some of the most iconic businesses in the country. These range from rising startups building their business from scratch to large enterprises going through a significant transformation. You’ll provide advice on architecture, support strategy, projects, and launch planning as well as stabilization and operational issues.
About the team
- Professional experience with AWS and/or other cloud offerings such as Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.
- Understanding of DevOps practices and tools including Continuous Integration / Deployment etc.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.