Sr. Cloud Infrastructure Architect
|Post Name||Sr. Cloud Infrastructure Architect|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 38 To GBP 45 Per Hour|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity, while also collaborating with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will deliver proof-of-concept projects, and topical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery, education, and government.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed with strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, get the right solution delivered, and drive feature innovation based on customer needs.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organization—leaders start with the customer and work backward. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer-facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
This is a customer-facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services as needed.
- BA/BS degree or 10+ years of professional or military experience
- 10+ years of IT implementation experience
- Experience facilitating discussions with senior leadership regarding technical/architectural trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation
- Direct hands-on experience leading the design, development, and deployment of business software at scale or recent hands-on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies
- Experience with integration of cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP, etc.
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA, etc.)
- Scripting and/or coding skills (Examples include but are not limited to Java (OR) CloudFormation (OR) Terraform (OR) Powershell (OR) Bash)
- Knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3)
- Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
- Leading highly available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
- Large-scale migration experience Data Center to Data Center and/or Data Center to Cloud
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Ruby, Powershell)
- Configuration management using CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
- Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting, and notifications
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.