Software Dev Engineer
|Post Name||Software Dev Engineer|
|Qualification||B.S. degree in Computer Science or a related field|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 48 To CAD 52 Per Hour|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital display advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon.com, across our other owned and operated sites, on other high-quality sites across the web, and on millions of Kindles, tablets, and mobile devices. We start with the customer and work backward in everything we do, including advertising. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you’ve come to the right place.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join the team to pioneer and build innovative cross advertising products experience, and global navigation with configurable features within the Amazon Advertising website to enhance the advertiser experience and productivity.
We are seeking that rare combination of solid coding background, an aptitude to apply cutting-edge technologies at scale, and a willingness to challenge the status quo and raise the bar on every service and feature we build. We are passionate about building scalable, well-designed software services, and strive to constantly improve our technical foundation and user experience.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Expert-level full stack development (both front- and back-end) and operation of a customer-facing cloud-based, production software system
- Expert-level software performance engineering
- Expert-level OO modeling
- Expert-level test writing abilities
- Expert-level teaming, mentoring, and technical leadership
- Expert-level written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum achievement of a B.S. degree in Computer Science or a related field; or equivalent experience (based on 3 years of relevant work experience for every 1 year of education)
- Proven experience working on platform/framework development.
- Proven experience working with Cloud / Amazon Web Services (AWS) products
- Agile awesomeness
- Familiarity with the online advertising or e-commerce industry
- Success with continuous integration and deployment practices
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Exposure to Front-end libraries/frameworks – primarily React.
- Experience influencing professional software engineering practices for shipping and supporting great software services
- Expert-level data engineering skills including strong SQL, NoSQL, and MapReduce knowledge
Amazon is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other statutes protected by law. Persons with disabilities who wish to submit a request for accommodation are invited to notify their recruiter.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.