Lead Software Development Engineer
|Post Name||Lead Software Development Engineer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 168100 To USD 227400 Per Year|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
About This Role
As a Lead Software Development Engineer, it’s up to you to define, design, and refine the tech that keeps us one step ahead of listeners. Anticipate. Innovate. Bring challenging ideas and we’ll support you with the latest tech, tools, and systems that you need to succeed. You’ll drive the team forward, guiding them over every obstacle and leading the way to develop exciting, original, and effective solutions. Leading the way, you’ll bring our team together to build and maintain our platform to bring thousands of stories to millions of listeners and unleash the power of the human voice.
You’re in your element when you’re being challenged, and you’re always eager to share your ideas, take on responsibility and keep developing at an exciting pace. We look for people who show initiative, set their standards high, and see every failure as an opportunity to learn. You’re looking for an environment where you can thrive and help your team reach its potential. With opportunities to challenge yourself and lead a talented team to success, you’ll find what you’re looking for at Audible.
As a Lead Software Development Engineer, you will…
- Independently lead complex technical initiatives within your team.
- Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
- Explore technical needs and bring solutions to the table.
- Set the technical strategy for your team.
- Experience in developing technical strategy, and architecting web and APIs.
- Prior experience in full stack development and RESTful service architecture.
- 5+ years experience in software development and deployment of distributed multi-tier applications.
- Experience with React, HTTP/2, serverless, containers, microservices, CI/CD, and cross-platform development.
- Prior use of AWS technologies at scale in a production environment.
- Proven success in mentoring tech leads and engineers.
- History of delivering customer-driven software products at a high scale in a fast-paced, technology-first, rapid-growth company.
- Prior success as a strategic influencer in the direction of product design and development.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across teams & multiple division stakeholders.
- Experience with machine learning and related engineering skill sets.
- Experience taking a lead role in delivering complex software systems to internal or external customers.
- Competency in delegating work in parallel to accelerate delivery.
- Enthusiasm for promoting high-quality standards in others across documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration, and deployment.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $168,100 – $227,400 yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on the market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.