Escalation Engineer II
|Post Name||Escalation Engineer II|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 43 To AUD 46 Per Hour|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
Amazon is now offering flexibility to choose between two working models, onsite and remote. Please, check below for further information:
- Onsite Employee: An employee who works either entirely in an Amazon building, or split between both an Amazon building and a remote location.
- Employees will need to either live near or relocate to an already-established Amazon building location.
- Remote Employee: An employee who works in a remote location for the entirety of the normally scheduled workweek, for a period of more than 90 days in a rolling 12-month period.
- These employees do not need to live near an Amazon office but must live in Australia.
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with a mission to be the earth’s most customer-centric company, a company that customers from all over the globe will recognize, value, and trust for both our products and our service. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in cloud technologies.
The Escalation and Event Management (E2M) team is part of the broader AWS Support organization and is dedicated to managing critical escalations, customer-facing operational communications, and handling large-scale customer-impacting events. E2M’s purpose is to drive operational excellence and improvements to the overall customer experience.
E2M is looking for people who are detailed, analytical thinkers as well as creative problem solvers, with a strong bias for action. You are someone who is not constrained by the notion of “how things are usually done”, and you are equally comfortable operating in the minute detail, as well as with coordinating efforts at the forty thousand foot view. You confidently advocate for customers, maintaining composure in dynamic and high-pressure situations. You are comfortable working on highly technical initiatives to consistently improve the AWS customer experience. You are someone who excels at working in a dynamic environment while collaborating with some of the smartest people in the industry, and you get excited about owning critical infrastructure services that serve global customers, every second of the day!
Finally, you are passionate about technology with a desire to learn more and do more with AWS.
About the Role
As members of E2M’s Health and Escalation Management team, we work to keep customers informed and moving forward when they are facing challenges using AWS’ products and services. We are responsible for driving critical customer problems to resolution, ensuring the right internal “Owners” are engaged to assist us and act as an advocate for the customer. We ensure customers are proactively informed of changes or impacts to the AWS resources the customer is using in their operation, ensuring communications are clear and beneficial to the customer experience. Because of our unique role as Escalation Engineers, we have limitless exposure to all things AWS, including numerous leading-edge technologies.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges that include elements of:
- Drive critical, complex customer escalations in situations that are sometimes technically challenging in collaboration with Engineering Teams.
- Partner with AWS Service Teams to craft communications, helping to identify and remove technical ambiguity
- Deliver planned operational communications to customers in accordance with AWS communication tenets and style guides
- Provide clear, concise, and timely communication on work items to relevant internal stakeholders
- Build a broad understanding of AWS services, service inter-dependencies, and customer use cases to improve the customer experience and operational excellence
- Facilitating post-mortems of operational failures, implementing corrective actions, and identifying improvement opportunities for existing processes.
- Design, build, or collaborate on solutions using automation and self-repair rather than relying on human intervention
- Other duties as required by the organization
- 5+ years of experience in Support Engineering, Customer Escalations, Technical Communications, or similar IT role
- 2+ years of experience in technical operations or support focused on cloud infrastructure
- Tertiary qualification/Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field (or 6+ years of relevant work experience)
Candidates that have been most successful after joining our team have demonstrated capabilities in one or more of these areas:
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Industry-specific accredited certification(s) such as the AWS Associate level certifications
- Familiarity with Cloud services with a focus on high availability and fault-tolerant design
- Knowledge of ITIL/Lean Processes
- Effective prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to work in ambiguous environments
- Demonstrated critical thinking and logical problem-solving skills
Amazon Web Services is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.