Software Development Engineer
|Post Name||Software Development Engineer|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 160000To CAD 230000 Per Year|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
Do you want to help create the best living room & in-car experience for Prime Video on Fire TV? Do you want to design and build Android & React Native Applications and Native AWS services?
Worldwide, Fire TV drives 21.3% of monthly active Prime Video customers and our app reaches tens of millions of customers around the world. Our team’s mission is to lead the way for all Prime Video clients, by making Fire TV the best device for customers to enjoy Prime Video and making Prime Video the preferred video service for Fire TV customers.
We are seeking an experienced software development engineer to be part of a team working on a confidential new product. The ideal candidate is an innovative self-starter who is looking for an opportunity to be both an individual contributor and technical lead. You will be working across multiple organizations and services within Amazon to deliver the unique experience that we are creating.
Key job responsibilities
Software Engineers at Amazon do so much more than just software development. We’ll be looking to you to help:
- Choose the technologies to leverage.
- Decide what features to build.
- Drive software engineering best practices.
- Design distributed and scalable systems.
- Test and document the software you develop.
A day in the life
To be successful you need to be flexible and entrepreneurial, comfortable operating with ambiguity, and willing to develop quick proof of concepts. You are a passionate owner about the customer and societal impact. You will drive the technology forward and operate at all levels, diving deep into the details and providing key input into the product.
About the team
The Prime Video Fire TV team is responsible for the browsing, purchase, and discovery experiences on Fire TV. We are part of the larger Prime Video organization, delivering high-quality premium video content through subscriptions as well as purchases and rentals. On this team, you will work with a group of engineers leading the design and implementation of Android client features to support Prime Video on Fire TV. In this position, you will be responsible for using existing services to access the catalog, execute purchases, and drive playback.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and deliver results
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive, design, and implement large-scale software solutions
- MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with application development (Android, React, React Native)
- Experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) new and current systems
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $110K $160K/yr however, the base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.