American University of Sharjah
|Hiring Organization||American University of Sharjah|
|Post Title||American University of Sharjah Jobs|
|Post Name||ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in a related field.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AED 3000 To AED 4000 Per Month|
|Location||Sharjah, United Arab Emirates|
The Psychology Program in the College of Arts and Sciences at the American University of Sharjah seeks an administrative assistant to execute administrative functions as determined by university policies and procedures and directed by supervisors, and to support students and faculty to ensure the success of the degree program.
- Communicate effectively with psychology students and help them understand academic rules/policies.
- Coordinate student advising and registration.
- Assist with scheduling classes and coordinating textbook orders.
- Assist with managing and scheduling events, including printing promotional materials and programs.
- Answer department phone inquiries and acts as a department help desk.
- Enter requisitions and maintenance requests on the system.
- Act as custodian of documents and records, including database and spreadsheet files.
- Conduct research; compile and prepare statistical reports.
- Perform other related administrative functions as necessary or as directed by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Relevant experience in a university/academic environment or as an administrative officer.
- Strong organizational skills and time management.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft and Google programs.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken, written, and reading).
- Interest in psychology.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Experience working with students
- Familiarity with AUS academic systems
- Data analysis skills
- Flexible schedule