Applied Research Associates, Inc. CA
Junior Civil Engineer
Full Job Description
ARA is seeking an entry-level civil engineer/engineer in training to work full-time for our Toronto-area office. Our core business in Toronto includes transportation asset management and pavement engineering, and we are seeking an engineer who has significant interest in this type of work. Initially, this position will be predominately fieldwork-based, providing support to senior engineers.
What you will do as a junior civil engineer:
- Planning, execution and supervision of pavement evaluation, testing and data collection tasks.
- Analysis of data and compilation of results.
- Pavement engineering, including material selection, rehabilitation planning, and pavement structural design.
- Reporting of results through the use of tools such as Microsoft Excel, GIS, and databases.
- Writing reports and creating presentations discussing the results of analyses performed by yourself and others.
All of our engineers must be able to work both independently and as part of a project team to apply engineering principles, theories, and concepts to job assignments. Flexibility is a requirement for this position, as work changes frequently. Travel and occasional night work will be required. Remote or hybrid work models may be available to the right candidate.
Please ensure your resume and/or cover letter clearly shows you meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Demonstrated basic understanding of, and interest in, pavement engineering.
- Eligible for registration as an Engineer in Training (EIT) and working towards registration as Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Ontario.
- Strong writing, presentation, and organizational skills (your submittal should show evidence of your skills).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- Ontario G-class driver’s licence (or equivalent) and clean driving record.
Anticipated salary range: $60,000 to $70,000 per year $CDN. Offer may vary depending on experience, skill set, and location.
ARA is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, currently employs about 1,700 professionals and continues to grow. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in civil technologies, computer software and simulation, defense technologies, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for pavement analysis, environmental site characterization, and robotics.
At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. The culture is challenging; innovation and experimentation are the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company’s success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.