AROW Global Corp
Full Job Description
Job Title: Machine Operator-Grinding Booth
Reports To: Cell Leaders
AROW Global LTD. Winnipeg, MB is currently looking for a General Laborer/Grinding Booth in our OEM department. In this department, you will be grinding products to the specifications in the product drawings and deburring items to a smooth finish, and other duties as assigned.
Summary of Current Shift Hours
- Evenings (Monday to Friday) 4 pm to 12:30 am (Training on day shift for minimum of 2 weeks before transferring to evenings)
- Starting wage $16.15/hour + evening shift premium
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The ability to read/interpret drawings/ and breakdowns
- The ability to use precision measurement instruments
- Assist the production team depending on the type of duty they are performing
- Working in a team environment where everyone works together to complete orders on time
- Working with your hands, lifting, and moving large pieces of metal, and standing for hours at a time, requiring physical strength and stamina
- Understanding the importance of producing quality products
- The ability to work unsupervised in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Operate machinery in a safe and efficient manner
- Follow all Health & Safety policies, procedures, and regulations
- Wear all necessary PPE required for all positions
Skills, Qualifications, and Physical Requirements
- Previous experience in a Manufacturing Company is considered an asset
- Strong ability to work well with a diverse group of individuals
- The ability to lift to 50 lbs. continuously when required
Benefits of working at AROW Global!
- 100% employer-paid benefits which cover health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
- EFAP (employee-family assistance program)
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Paid Vacation Time
- Safety Boot/ Safety Prescription Glasses Reimbursement Program
- Advancement within and career development opportunities
- Various company events throughout the year to promote employee engagement and team building
- Member of SMART Local Union 511
Why Choose AROW Global?
AROW Global is the leading designer and manufacturer of window and glazing systems for the mass transit industry in North America. Since 1965 our company has been manufacturing glazing products that are proven to last, offering an uncompromising commitment to product support throughout the life of your vehicle.
In addition to serving the Mass Transit industry, AROW has started to develop windows for operator cab enclosures and service vehicles. We cater to original equipment manufacturers who are looking for strategic supply chain partners in North America. With our breadth of manufacturing capabilities, a large pool of engineering resources, and facilities in both Canada and the U.S., we are well-positioned to add value as a first-tier supplier in all stages of the product life cycle; from new product development to high-volume production manufacturing.
- Integrity: Doing the right thing in our words and actions even when it is difficult.
- Responsive: Timely and effective support of others in alignment with business needs.
- Safety: An environment that includes establishing and maintaining safety practices and a respectful culture.
- Community: A unified network of relationships built upon the contributions of many unique and talented individuals.
- Excellence: Striving to always improve and to be our best in everything we do as individuals and as an organization.
- Ownership: Demonstrating responsibility and accountability to our work and contributions.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.