Ateneo de Manila University
Director, University Residence Halls | For Pooling
*Job description may be subject to updates.
Under the Vice President for Administration (VPA), the Director of the University Residence Halls (URH) shall attend to the management of the University’s administrative housing operations, as well as the development of revenues for residential facilities operated by URH.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Business Development and Partnerships
- Keeps abreast with the latest trends in residential and housing operations, and industry and general community practices.
- Conducts research and benchmark studies on affordable on and off-campus housing management industry trends and developments and prepares trend analysis and recommended action plans.
- Designs administer and analyze regular feasibility and/or market studies on optimizing the use of facilities within the University Residence Halls.
- Designs, administers, and analyzes the customer satisfaction study for URH tenants on the available facilities, the quality of physical resources and services they receive at least once a year, and works with the different University offices on how to address the needs of the clients.
- Builds and sustains strategic and mutual partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Markets the URH to maximize occupancy rates and revenues from the residential units under the University Residence Halls (e.g., International Residence Halls, Eliazo Hall, Cervini Hall, University Dormitory North, University Dormitory South, Pollock Renewal Center Guest rooms, Single Faculty Housing)
- Develops and maintains partnerships with University stakeholders (including parents, guardians, alumni, concessionaires, suppliers, etc)
- Provides decision-makers with data analytics and forecasts, insights, and recommendations on all aspects related to residential housing operations efforts.
- Sets long-term vision and plans to achieve the mandates of the Office.
- Regularly monitors the achievement of the URH’s strategic and action plan.
Residential Operations and Tenant Management
- Manages the dormer/resident and transient admission processes.
- Oversees and manages the performance of the University Residence Halls, ensuring that the operations remain fiscally sound and balanced with affordability and service quality.
- Oversees the profitability/income from the facilities operated by URH, setting and overseeing the accomplishment of identified measures.
- Directs a comprehensive tenant service management, which includes an emergency management plan.
- Plans maintain and recommend a safe, secure, sustainable, functionally-efficient, and aesthetically-pleasing residential facility, in coordination with the Central Facilities Management Office, Campus Safety and Mobility Office, and the Digital Information and Technology Services.
- Ensures the fiscal integrity and management, general operations work within the approved budget, maximizing resource utilization and contributing to the positive financial position of the organization.
- Oversees the development, review, and as necessary, updating and revision of URH policies, and provides inputs for the development of general Administration Cluster policies.
- Monitors and reviews the URH’s processes, systems, and practices to ensure operational efficiency, adaptive programs, and effective delivery of services.
- Manages the performance of team members in the Office by setting standards/targets, monitoring and evaluating performance, and providing development opportunities.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the VPA or as may be required by the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Broad knowledge of the HRM industry especially in the management of residential facilities.
- Familiarity with basic business planning and management principles
- Expertise in property management and customer relations, strategic planning, financial management
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
Education and Experience Requirements:
- College Graduate
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience in the management of residential facilities/property management.
- Past experience working with students is preferred, but not necessary.
- Experience in leading and managing teams
Mid-Senior Level / Manager Hospitality and Tourism Higher Education / Academia 1 opening Bachelor’s degree graduate
The Ateneo de Manila University (Ateneo) is one of the leading universities in the Philippines. More than 150 years in existence, the Ateneo has grown into a major Jesuit institution. Officially it became a university. It offers over 100 academic degree programs. Ateneo offers Basic Education (Grade School, Junior, and Senior High School). In addition, the Loyola Schools (college) is made up of four schools (Social Sciences; Humanities; Science and Engineering; and Management) that offer graduate and undergraduate degrees, with a total enrolment of about 10,000 students per year. The Ateneo has 4 professional schools located on 3 campuses in Quezon City, Makati City, and Pasig City (Business; Government; Law; and Medicine and Public Health), with about 4,000 professional postgraduate students.
Highly Trusted Work-From-Home Jobs:
- Data Entry Work From Home Jobs
- Get Paid To Take Photos
- Work From Home Jobs - Multiple Fields
- Writeappreviews.com - Get Paid To Review Apps On Your Phone
- Paid Online Writing Jobs - Get Paid To Do Simple Writing Jobs Online
- Get Paid To Use Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
Recommended Interview Questions to Crack Any Interview:
It has an array of research centers, 11 of which are recognized as Centres of Excellence by the Philippine Commission on Higher Education. In addition to a European Studies Programme, it has a Centre for Asian Studies that foster comparative research on East and Southeast Asia. The Ateneo has 207 partnerships with universities around the world (82 in Europe, 87 in Asia, 11 in Australia and New Zealand, and 27 in North and South America) and is a member of the ASEAN Universities Network and 3 other international university networks. The Ateneo’s Rizal Library is the most advanced in the Philippines with over 307,000 titles in its collection and online access to most major academic journals.
To apply for this job please visit www.careerjet.ph.