Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For and as one of ‘The Times’s Top 50 Employers for Women. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage in some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.
The Networks business is involved in the electric utility sector in the UK and overseas. We provide value-added engineering services and built solutions across the entire spectrum of electricity networks, from high-voltage power transmission grids to low-voltage industrial power distribution. We have designed HV Substations up to 400kV and Electrical infrastructure for large industrial/ Multi-Use developments and Heavy industries. Major clients are in UK and Middle East.
About The Job
Read more about how you can thrive with us.
We are looking for Electrical Engineers with System Study experience to undertake engineering design roles for projects in the Transmission and Distribution sector primarily in the US, UK, and the Middle East. This is a great opportunity for a suitably qualified person with an engineering consultancy or energy sector background to gain further experience within an internationally renowned consultancy.
This position is for the Networks team within the Industrial division.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- In-depth knowledge of conducting simulations and analytical studies for transmission and Distribution, Planning, load and generation interconnection, and integration of renewables.
Able to prepare simulation study models and carry out power system studies including but not limited to:
- Grid compliance studies for Wind, Solar, BESS, and Hybrid projects.
- Steady-state and Dynamic power flow analysis
- Fault Ride Through studies
- Short circuit calculation
- Power quality analysis
- Electro Magnetic Transient Analysis (EMTP) such as Switching and Lightning transient studies, Energization studies, etc.,
- Dynamic simulation of networks involving HVDC, FACTS, and inverter-based generation
- Candidate should be able to carry out the following protection calculation
- Overcurrent and earth fault protection co-ordination for the transmission and distribution network
- Unit protection calculation for Transformer, motor, busbar, generator, etc.,
- Lead and carry out consulting research, and development study projects
- Analyze study results and recommend solutions as per requirements and able to discuss/clarify Clients with help of results.
- Prepare study reports and other technical documentation
- Respond to requests for proposals (RFP) by preparing proposals & estimation of man-hours.
- Mentoring junior staff and able to provide training on subjects of expertise.
- The present study results to Clients and delivers training courses on the subject of expertise.
- Strong conceptualization ability
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills are a must, including the capability to explain complex technical issues to decision-makers and project teams.
- Candidate must have good oral and written communication skills, and be willing to travel and work successfully in a customer-focused, project-oriented environment.
What will you contribute?
- Masters / Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with 5 – 8 years of relevant industrial experience
- Knowledge of Grid Codes and Power Electronic Converters.,
- Expertise in system study software such as PSCAD, DIgSILENT, etc.,
- Knowledge of PSSE, MATLAB / Simulink, and any other system study software.
- Competency in Python coding
- Experience working on Traction simulation studies
What do we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package that includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, and career opportunities.
Why work for Atkins?
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the globe for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Check out some of our recent, most exciting projects.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive, and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.
Atkins cares about your privacy and is committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.