Full Job Description
Transports the food and equipment from the resort in a courteous, professional, efficient and safe way and flexible service, consistently ensuring smooth operation in the department.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- To adhere to the section’s Standard Operating Procedures at all times
- To be aware of the departmental fire evacuation procedures and participate in regular departmental fire drills
- To be aware of local market competition, to monitor trends within the industry and make suggestions how these could be implemented in our hotel
- To be innovative, suggesting new ideas and investigating new ways of doing things or new services for our guests
- Ensures that the level of service that is delivered to guest upon arrival and departure is in a safe and professional manner, aiming to exceed guest expectations as they are the first and last impression of the hotel.
- Ensures that all guests are given a friendly, courteous, informative and efficient service, on airport / chauffer and shuttle service transfers,
- Ensures that standards are maintained to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Takes the vehicles to the car wash on a regular basis making sure they are clean from inside and outside at all times.
- Maintains productivity of car and fills up fuel regularly and reports to Assistant Chief Steward.
- Enters in the logbook all trip’s made: departure time, mileage, time of return, purpose of trip, etc.
- Liaises with the Assistant Manager for all work details before start of duty.
- Works in co-operation with all other departments in the hotel.
- Reports any accident involving hotel’s car to the Assistant Chief Steward.
- Assists in loading and unloading equipment and food to and from the vehicles.
- Drives safely at all times adhering to all traffic laws and speed limits keeping in mind the safety of the guests and maintain the vehicles in proper shape.
- Ensures that all passengers have fastened seatbelts (where fitted) prior to commencing journey.
- Ensures Rules & Regulations stipulated by the Dubai Municipality (Hotel & Traffic Department) are followed consistently.
- Knows all the roads in Dubai and also be familiar with roads in other Emirates.
- Avoids using the mobile phone when guests are in the vehicle and always use the hands free set whilst driving.
- Adheres to the given schedule keeping in mind heavy traffic during rush hours.
- Carries a company mobile phone at all times in order to be reachable whilst out of the hotel.
- Keeps close communication with the Assistant Manager regarding last minute changes or delays etc.
- Carries their valid UAE driving license at all times whilst on duty.
- Observes traffic rules and regulations.
- Takes part in internal training sessions and any training courses related to the day-to-day work.
- Maintains vehicle temperature as per DM required standards.
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- Complete Secondary School Education.
- 1 year in similar position in 5 start hotel.
- Valid UAE driving licence 3 and 5.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.