(Senior) Cloud Network Engineer
The Volkswagen Group’s multi-cloud network team is responsible for the implementation and provision of a secure and company-compliant multi-cloud network architecture. We are driving the digitization and modernization of the network between AUDI AG and the VW Group by working out repeatable architectures and designs in an agile way, in order to create synergies between the different brands by providing general tools and uniform control levels.
With dynamic, secure and company-compliant network solutions, we enable application developers to concentrate on the implementation of the business logic and thus generate real added value for the customer. Significant time savings in onboardings are achieved through the service of providing repeatable architectures and synergies in the group are thus leveraged. Our motto is: from network-driven application development to application-driven network implementation.
- You develop reusable infrastructure-as-code and modules for AUDI AG and the VW Group
- You ensure that cloud projects are implemented in a company-compliant and secure manner by implementing zero-trust architectures and zone concepts
- You analyze the infrastructure and network performance end-to-end and provide third-level support for problems
- You maintain and expand existing infrastructures and architectures or implement new requested features
- You design and implement multi-cloud network architectures and solutions that meet the highest IT security and data protection standards
- You advise business application teams and project managers on suitable connectivity solutions, security and architecture concepts and best practices
- You are involved in the group-wide internal communities and promote cloud-related topics there
- You bridge the gap between the traditional data center-driven network solutions and the modern digital cloud-based network solutions and tools
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in the implementation of secure cloud solutions and platforms as well as the automation of cloud solutions with a focus on infrastructure as a code (e.g. Terreform, AWS CloudFormation, Azure ARM), CI/CD solutions and concepts, configuration management, Security, cloud network architecture patterns, cloud exchange technologies
- 3+ years of practical experience in at least one public cloud such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- 3+ years of professional experience in the field of network concepts and implementation, terms such as BGP, VPN, IGRP, VRG, VLAN, IPsec etc. are part of your daily vocabulary.
- Practical experience in Python or similar programming languages
- Agile mindset and ideally already practical experience in SCRUM / SAFe, as well as working in a DevOps environment is nothing new for you
- You have strong communication skills in English – good knowledge of German is a big plus
The following is desirable:
- Experience in designing and implementing internet-scale network architectures and concepts
- Ideally, you can underline your experience and skills with certifications from cloud providers or other technology providers
- You have already worked in international teams
To apply for this job please visit de.indeed.com.