|Hiring Organization||UGL Limited|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 44 To AUD 50 Per Hour|
|Location||Adelaide, South Australia, Australia 5007|
Based at our maintenance facility in Keswick, Adelaide you will be working with a high-performing team with a great culture, partnering with our customers to provide a “once in a lifetime experience” to train guests from around the world showcasing the uniqueness of our great country, working on maintaining the iconic Ghan, Indian Pacific, Great Southern, and Overland trains.
Reporting to the supervisor, UGL currently has an opportunity for an Electrician to join our rollingstock maintenance team based at our facility in Keswick. This position will be a permanent full-time opportunity working on a day shift roster 7:00 am-3.06 pm, with overtime to be performed as required.
About the role
- To perform trade-related tasks such as component overhaul, installation of mechanical and electrical equipment, fit-out of electrical equipment, and acceptance testing.
- Perform servicing, fault finding, and troubleshooting tasks; this work will at times be complex in nature and required to be completed to meet tight scheduling deadlines
- Under the direction of the Shift Technical Co-ordinator, the electrician is allocated maintenance, repair, and service work tasks.
- Ensure that good housekeeping methods, appropriate rail safety, environmental requirements, and precautions are practiced at all times.
- Responsible for complying with rail safety requirements relevant to their work, as communicated by Supervisors and the Operations Manager.
- Requisitions materials/components to the level of their delegation.
- Requisitions materials/components from the APMC store.
- To complete preventative services/unscheduled repairs and inspections within the scope of trade knowledge and task training.
- Undertakes fault finding/troubleshooting of routine vehicle problems.
- Carry out other relevant tasks assigned by the Shift Supervisor
- Inspect and interpret drawings and specifications and determine the method of manufacturing and standards required.
- Ensure active involvement in Lean Manufacturing and 5S activities.
- Raise relevant work issues to area supervision and management.
- A strong commitment to maintaining a strong safe environment
- Australian Electrical Fitter trade certificate.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand plans, diagrams, drawings, and specifications, as well as read and interprets internal and external reports.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and component overhaul processes and practices, as well as a demonstrated knowledge and understanding of techniques for interpreting production scheduling and costing
- Strong communication skills (oral & written) including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organize and prioritize demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow through within a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands.
- Previous experience working in the Rail Industry (desirable)
What we offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- Ongoing training for career progression
- A competitive hourly rate
What makes you right for UGL
- Ability to provide a safe, supportive, and positive workplace
- Empower a united and collaborative culture
- Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
- Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients, and other stakeholders
- Genuine concern for safety
UGL is well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction, and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables, and resources, water, and defense markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises, and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies
At UGL, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles, and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature-aged workers, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.
To apply for this job please visit ugl.taleo.net.