Australia's Oyster Coast
Oyster Farm Hand
Full Job Description
At Australia’s Oyster Coast, we believe oysters are the unsung heroes of the sea. With phenomenal health benefits, positive impacts on the environment, and quite simply, a fine food shared between friends – we’re committed to continually improving our farm to fork operations to provide consistently better oysters to the Australian market and beyond.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are currently seeking candidates with a connection to the marine environment that have hands-on skills.
Your duties will include:
- Grading, preparation of oysters for market/transport.
- Stripping slats.
- Loading/unloading oyster punts.
- Packing, constructing baskets and oyster racking.
- Operation and maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Facility maintenance and cleaning.
- Cultivating, seeding and harvesting oysters.
- Aquaculture & oyster husbandry.
- Maintaining oyster leases, baskets and other infrastructure.
- Vessel handling, maintenance and deck duties.
- You will need to work autonomously & within a team environment, show initiative and have strong communication skills.
- Driver, boat & forklift licences preferred.
- Marine or other farming experience desirable.
- Attractive remuneration – $43,000 to $65,000 plus superannuation depending on experience.
- Conversion to fulltime after successfully completing your probationary period.
- Opportunity for career development – onsite training with opportunities to complete a Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal) and/or a Certificate III in Aquaculture.
- Opportunity to work with a close-knit collaborative team in a dynamic and expanding vertically integrated Australian oyster business.
To apply for this job please visit au.indeed.com.