Technical Specialist (Automotive)
|Post Name||Technical Specialist (Automotive)|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 52000 To CAD 65000 Per Year|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider with a focus on making the world safer, smarter, healthier, more sustainable, and more connected. Parsons primarily serves the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. Uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services, the corporation delivers state-of-the-art solutions to federal, regional, and local government agencies as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons has a reputation for inclusion and diversity and has been named to the Ethisphere Institute’s list of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for 10 consecutive years. Parsons facilitates a culture of innovation by encouraging collaboration among its employees and providing opportunities for career growth. With offices around the globe, people of varied talents and backgrounds, and a wide range of exciting projects, the possibilities at Parsons are endless. For more about Parsons, visit www.parsons.com.
We are looking for a Technical Specialist to join our Smart Vehicle Solutions Contact Centre located in Markham. Technical Specialists serve as auditors and report to the Audit Manager. You will be responsible for completing real-time video test interruptions, and telephone and data record audits for the automotive business in Ontario. Our team has been in place for more than 20 years assisting the public, vehicle owners and operators, and inspection centers across North America.
Reporting to the Audit Manager, you will be accountable for:
- performing Audits of Safety Inspection and Emissions Inspection data by ensuring compliance with established control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate documentation, previous reports, data, etc
- Completing audits by documenting audit findings
- handling Program inquiries via telephone calls, emails, web tickets, video and chat interactions from Inspections Centre representatives
- ensuring scheduled audits are being performed within the expected quality standards
- communicating audit results with Inspection Centre staff
- analyzing and revising reports from Senior Auditors
- ensuring audits are thorough, concise, and contain actionable information by writing reports summarizing audit findings
- Assisting as a subject matter expert to assist with the design and development of Standard Operating Procedures, Guiding documents, templates, and user guides
- Perform QA testing and evaluation of new technology or updates to existing equipment
- Work with internal development groups to manage equipment rollout
- Acting as a point of contact for assistance with policy/program information
- Provide technical support to callers for equipment
- Fostering relationships with Inspections Centre representatives.
- Handling sensitive and complex issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrate ability to qualify an issue, troubleshoot, and if needed transfer to the appropriate support team for resolution.
- Interact and liaise with internal and external departments to review and resolve customer concerns.
- Proactively manage key performance indicators and achieve department target response time for calls, chats, emails, and web-tickets.
- Achieve Quality Assurance targets.
- Maintain service levels and adhere to departmental statistics.
- Work with minimal supervision within departmental defined procedures.
- Work independently and as part of a team, with changing time constraints.
- Proactively call out to customers when needed for service-related matters.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as required
- 310T Certification
- Practical experience with a minimum of 3 years in an automotive service or advisor role
- Minimum 5 (five) years of customer service experience, preferably in the Call Centre and/or automotive industry is preferred with a focus on a Technical Support role.
- Pleasant telephone manner; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Post-secondary degree or diploma preferred.
- Strong PC skills, knowledge of (MS Office Suite e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making, and negotiating skills.
- Ability to handle challenging situations by exhibiting composure and empathy.
- Ability to multitask, and quickly adapt to new information and procedures.
- Strong analytical and good mechanical/technical aptitude would be a definite asset.
- Must be willing to work a 40hr/week shift that ranges between Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8.00 AM and 6:00 PM; Saturday and Sunday 9.00 AM and 3:00 PM.
- Hybrid work schedule with both in-office and remote (home) work.
- Must be flexible to work on Canadian holidays.
To apply for this job please visit parsons.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.