AWS Customer Service Manager
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Customer Service team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of customers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
AWS Customer Service provides global support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services such as Amazon S3 and Amazon EC2. We help with account and billing related inquiries, and interface with AWS teams to provide the perspective of the Voice of the Customer.
As an AWS Customer Service manager, you are accountable for creating and managing a high-performance team resulting in a world class customer experience. You will be able to translate vision and provides direction to achieve individual and team performance goals. You will significantly contribute to the success of AWS by strategically leveraging customer feedback, driving continuous improvement through contact reduction and building customer service support operations profile/site-wide.
Key job responsibilities
In addition, your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
– Manage the day-to-day operations for the team and are responsible for overall productivity, quality, and delivery of business services.
– Drive business representative case quality and metrics, monitor trends, and ensure corrective actions. You plan for contingencies to minimize risks.
– Establish clear work processes to enable and drive performance. Identify and champion systematic process improvement opportunities.
– Communicate business updates, priorities, resolution status, and any challenges to your customers, stakeholders, and management.
– Understand (at a high-level) what’s involved in building and operating a cloud-based architecture. You dive into technical details, ask the right questions, and drive the right customer outcomes.
– Proactively identify risks and bring them to the attention of your manager, customers, and stakeholders with plans for mitigation before they become roadblocks. You know when to escalate.
– Communicate ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, to all types of audiences.
– Prioritize root cause resolution and operational excellence. You partner with business services representatives, account managers, and other internal teams to optimize team mechanisms and drive enhancements that improve processes (e.g., automating ad-hoc or manual steps).
– Develop team managers by providing guidance, performance and behavioral coaching and mentorship
– Ensure team managers have a clear understanding of the performance bar and criteria used to differentiate performance
– Manage performance and behavioral issues, hold teams accountable for performance and implements improvement plans and raising the performance bar
– Help your employees grow by encouraging them to contribute to discussions, supporting their ideas, and encouraging independent decision-making.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
• 5+ years of proven leadership experience in Customer Services or equivalent high-performance operational teams.
• 3+ years experience building teams and employee development plans.
• Demonstrated experience driving projects to improve support-related processes.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal (speaking, listening, interpretation) and written communication skills desired in both Japanese and English.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS• Bachelor’s degree preferred such as Computer Science, Science, Commerce
• Ability to function in an ambiguous, fast paced work environment
• Experience with AWS technologies
• Proficiency in MS Office, with advanced Excel and reporting skills
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.