Bilingual Sr. Specialty Pharmacist
McKesson is an impact-driven, Fortune 10 company that touches virtually every aspect of healthcare. We are known for delivering insights, products, and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable. Here, we focus on the health, happiness, and well-being of you and those we serve – we care. What you do at McKesson matters. We foster a culture where you can grow, make an impact, and are empowered to bring new ideas. Together, we thrive as we shape the future of health for patients, our communities, and our people. If you want to be part of tomorrow’s health today, we want to hear from you.
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 12 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we’re so much more than a distribution company. We’ve automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
The Sr. Pharmacist is required to compound and dispense prescribed pharmaceuticals and provide consultative services to both clients and health care providers in accordance to all laws and responsibilities set by the applicable College of Pharmacists and McKesson Canada.
Section A – Responsibilities
- Filling, checking and dispensing medications accurately
- Provide patient counseling to new and existing patients
- Perform patient follow-up calls
- Provide medical information as required to patients and other health care professionals
- Ensure prescription pricing is accurate and payment methods have been established
- Ensure medications are delivered to the appropriate site as per patient requests
- Provide general customer service for patients and health care professionals
- The Sr. Pharmacist is responsible for providing leadership, mentoring and supervision to all staff in the pharmacy
- Oversees staff to ensure compliance with laws and regulations governing pharmacy
- Other duties as assigned
Section B – Position Requirements
- Bilingualism (English/French) required
- Bachelor or Doctor of Pharmacy Degree
- A valid license to practice pharmacy with the applicable College of Pharmacists
- Full-time employment for at least one year in a hospital or retail pharmacy setting
- Working knowledge of retail pharmacy practice in the province of New Brunswick including understanding biologics and specialty medications and third-party regulations
- This position requires a significant degree of self-direction and independence
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to support physical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, please click here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position
$76,400 – $127,300
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity employer.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
McKesson is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.