Backstop Solutions Group LLC
Full Job Description
Join a growing team of passionate, self-motivated, talented, and creative people with big ideas about the future of software for the investment industry. Backstop is a Chicago-based company that makes web-based software applications for the institutional investment industry. Over the last few years, we have grown considerably, won several awards, and built a lot of great software. Backstoppers take our customers and our service very seriously but pride ourselves on not taking ourselves too seriously in the process.
The Product Team is seeking a Business Analyst to assist Product Managers in coordinating local and remote development delivery initiatives. The ideal candidate has experience in the financial services sector or product management exposure with an equivalent balance of motivation to quickly learn the needs of our users.
- Assist in coordinating efforts between teams in Chicago and remote offices
- Help prioritize bugs and enhancement requests in specific functional queues
- Actively communicate with Product Managers and remote teams regarding current and future development projects.
- Work with Software Engineering teams for Product-related issues
- Attend key Agile/Scrum sprint ceremonies and participates in discussion with the development team(s)
- Assist in market and usage analysis for assigned areas in support of Product initiatives
- Translate market requirements provided by Product Managers into detailed functional specifications
- Verify that the developed software matches the specifications
- Update product documentation to reflect developed software
- Support release and launch of software product
- 1-2 years of financial services experience; 1-2 years of exposure to product management or technical project management exposure on a web-based software product
- Knowledgeable in product management concepts
- Limited travel to customers, vendors, and partners
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Willingness to join weekly time shift calls to overlap with remote engineers
- Comprehensive pay and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability
- Unlimited vacation time
- 401(k) company match
- Professional organization memberships
- Game room, team events and quarterly company parties
- Weekly games, beer, bagels and snacks
- Casual work environment, jeans encouraged
- Work with smart, cool and dedicated folks
- The chance to work for a growing service provider in the alternative financial industry
Expected Compensation for fully qualified candidates: $65,000-$85,000 Base Salary
We are an equal-opportunity workplace and an affirmative-action employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of disability, veteran status, or personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Diversity and inclusion is both embraced and is a recognized business advantage. If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation during the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.