|Hiring Organization||Fairway Market|
|Post Name||Bakery Clerk|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 15 To USD 18 Per Hour|
|Location||New York, United States 10016|
To deliver a great customer experience while assisting the Bakery Manager in the daily operation of the department, including pricing, stocking and rotating merchandise in the Bakery Department; to maintain a neat, clean, and visually appealing department and to perform other tasks as required in an efficient and safe manner, within Company policy.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried, and/or processed products, spices, and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to maintain department sanitation and QA standards (safety, personal hygiene, clean cases, and equipment).
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position requires the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above.
These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized, and safe work environment.
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils, and equipment in accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep the floor clear of debris and spills.
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Maintain and properly use all department equipment as required.
- Pack out the product into display cases.
- Rotate the product to ensure freshness.
- Ensure accurate signage for the department.
- Prepare trays to Company’s and customer’s satisfaction.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to the Bakery operation.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State, and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform, name badge, and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Placing reclamation in its proper location.
- Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Bakery Department that weighs 25 lbs., and that occasionally weighs up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weighs 25 lbs. and that occasionally weighs 50 lbs.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about the location of items in the store.
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
- Stand at work station for the duration of the scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Receive deliveries.
- Assist in other departments when instructed.
- Work overtime as needed by the demands of the business.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company’s HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating, preparing, storing, price marking, arranging, and restocking products to ensure quality, accuracy, and product rotation and protection.
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Check refrigeration equipment for proper performance regularly; report any failure immediately.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Bakery operations.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by the department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo’s, power jacks, and slicing machines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit cta.cadienttalent.com.