Barnet and Chase Farm Hospitals
Nursing Assistant – Elective Surgery
Full Job Description
Main duties of the job
Band 2 elective Surgical Ward nursing assistant, to support ward nurses with the day to day care of elective surgical patient on a busy Surgical Ward. The successful staff should be able to work along side nurses providing patients with their activities of daily living. Carrying out vital signs observations. Adhering to the trust policies and procedures. Upholding professional standards and being flexible, approachable and hardworking.
Working for our organisation
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK’s biggest and most innovative trusts. Across three main hospitals, our dedicated army of staff care for over 1.6million patients, treat more than 200,000 in A&E, deliver over 8,000 babies and carry out more than 17million tests.
Our size, scale and influence offer you unrivalled career opportunities and a forward-thinking approach to working that works around your lifestyle. From flexible hours and generous benefits, to next level training, we make it easier to take your career to the top
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.
Royal Free World Class Values
- Demonstrable ability to meet the Trust Values
Education & Qualifications
- knowledge of personal care and related procedures
- Willing to develop and work towards new diploma Level 2 or equivalent
- Demonstrable literacy and numeracy skills
- NVQ Level 2 or Equivalent
- New Diploma Level 2 or equivalent
- Previous experience of team work
- Previous experience of customer care
- Interest or experience within a carer role/setting
Skills & Aptitudes
- Ability to provide individualised care and empathy
- Good organisational Skills
- Able to communicate effectively with patients, relatives and multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work in a team
- Able to demonstrate an awareness of the important of confidentiality/privacy and dignity
- Can explain the principles of infection control
- Willing to develop own knowledge and practice
- Covid-19 VaccinationGetting vaccinated, and getting a booster, remains the best defence against COVID-19.
We encourage and support staff to get COVID-19 vaccine and a booster dose as and when they are eligible.
- AT* – Apprenticeship Training. Where AT* is entered next to the job title indicates that this vacancy is for an apprenticeship role.
- By applying for this role, you accept if successful, that your personal data may be transferred from the Trust to another NHS organisation where your employment transfers within the NHS. This is in accordance with the streamlining programme which aims at saving you time and improving efficiencies within the NHS when your employment transfers. Therefore we require you to complete your stat and Man e-learning modules prior to joining our organisation.
- If you are an EU/EEA citizen who does not have EU Settlement or Pre-Settled status, you will require a visa to work in the UK. Please Note: We are unable to sponsor Band 2 to 4 as the salary does not meet the UKVI Points Based system threshold.
- If you require sponsorship for a visa to work in the UK, to avoid disappointment, please check to ensure you are eligible under the UKVI points based system
- If you are offered a role with one of the NLPSS partner trusts, as part of pre-employment checks your identity and right to work documentation will be verified remotely (in most circumstances), using a certified identity verification service provider TrustID. You will be asked to capture an image of the relevant documents as well as a “selfie” using your smartphone/tablet (if available) for facial matching. TrustID will also perform a digital address check using Trunarrative and Equifax, which is a soft check and does not leave a footprint on your credit rating. For more information, visit www.trustid.co.uk
- The Trust uses electronic new starter forms on Trac to collect personal details. Information collected is securely stored and used to set up the employee record on the ESR HR system.
- The Trust will request a DBS (CRB) if post involves regulated activities. The Trust is compliant with the Disclosure and Barring Service Codes of practice and the Rehabilitation of offenders act.
- By applying for this post you are agreeing to Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust transferring the information contained in this application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the national NHS Electronic Staff Records system.
- Please be aware of scams – unless specified above, we will only communicate with you via @recruit.trac.jobs or nhs.net e-mails and we will never ask you for any payments.
Applications are welcome from people wishing to job share or work flexible patterns. We are committed to equal opportunities.
- Due to the high number of applications that are received for some posts we may close this vacancy before the advertised closing date. Therefore please apply for this post as soon as you can, if you are interested and you meet the requirements of the Person Specification
- Only those candidates who clearly demonstrate how they meet the person specification will be shortlisted for this job.
- Interview arrangements will be communicated via email so please check your email regularly following the closing date.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.