Technician – Advanced
Full Job Description
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell’s Field Services team is proud to be the face of the Bell brand, performing the best installation and repair services and maintaining Bell’s network for our residential and business customers.
Name and description of hiring department:
The Quebec Field Operations team in Bell Canada is responsible for maintaining the outside cable network providing voice and data services to customers in the consumer Bell Business markets.
Main Job Duties / Accountabilities:
- Repair of the aerial and underground fibre optic and/or copper network
- Perform preventive maintenance activities
- Work with engineering plans / MOP to determine work procedures to be followed
- Professionally represent Bell with the public and customers
- Communicate in a positive manner with customers and contractors
As necessary, agree to undergo a background security check to meet a customer’s clearance requirement.
- A minimum of a high school diploma
- Fluent in French
- Hold a valid driver’s license Class 5
- Possess good manual dexterity and able to work with different hand tools
- Capable to lift and carry heavy weight
- Capable to climb telephone poles and/or climb and carry ladders
- Capable to kneel and bend and work in areas with restricted movement
- Capable of differentiating coloured wires (colour code)
- Capable to safely execute all functions/aspects of the job and meet all safety requirements associated with the work equipment
- Ability to act with a focus on customer satisfaction
- Ability to work autonomously and with minimal supervision
- Analytical thinking and problem solving abilities
The candidate must be able to work outdoors in various weather conditions and may be called upon to work variable schedules according to business needs (schedules within a given day are prepared by the Company with due consideration to seniority), to participate in a standby program and work overtime as needed. Available and flexible to work days, evenings, nights, weekends, and statutory holidays as needed.
Note that many working conditions are subject to terms outlined in the collective agreement.
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.