Analyst, Cyber Security
As the largest high-tech team in Canada, Network and Technology Services builds cutting-edge fiber and 5G networks that drive how Canadians connect with each other and the world! Our team is at the forefront of developing Bell’s leading products and services: Fibe TV and Internet, Wireless, Smart Home, cloud, security, and IoT. We enable the delivery of the best content from Crave, TSN/RDS, iHeart Radio, and dozens of other leading media properties to our customers at any time, on any device.
The Cyber Security Analyst works within a protected Security Operations Centre (SOC). The Cyber Security Analyst is one of several Level 3 operations and incident responders who works on rotating shifts to respond to security alerts and notifications throughout the 24x7x365 operations. The Cyber Security Analyst also performs hands-on device management, configuration changes, troubleshooting, and monitoring for security devices such as firewalls and VPN devices for our customers. The Analyst must be able to quickly understand the diverse managed security services that the Bell Business Markets offers to its client base and must be able to differentiate and respond to the unique operational and contractual performance requirements of each individual client. The Cyber Security Analyst would ideally have knowledge of both technical and operational network security best practices and hands-on experience in a variety of technology platforms and security services that the SOC supports.
- Monitors, reviews, and interprets security alerts and notifications and provides initial response, analysis, and incident management in support of Bell-managed customers.
- Works rotating shifts to cover 24x7x365 operations.
- Assesses and establishes mitigation steps to ensure appropriate incident treatment and informs both customer and management as appropriate.
- Manage a variety of security functions using a number of technologies such as FortiGate, Load balancing, Cisco appliances, ArcSight, and LogRhythm among others.
- Configures and maintains security devices as well as provide general knowledge and recommendations for security best practices to clients, as required.
- Adheres to strict security and authentication protocols associated when dealing with all levels of client requests
- Knowledge of security operational policies, procedures, and techniques.
- Knowledge and understanding to interpret SIEM alerts and supporting technologies.
- Understanding of mitigation safeguards and responses at the systems, network, and application level.
- Experience and/or interest in automation methods is desirable
- Ability to follow instructions and work autonomously
- Good knowledge of change management best practices
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting security solutions including authentication, authorization, encryption, and audit capabilities as part of an overall system design.
- Ability to translate complex and ambiguous problems into actionable components and lead less experienced analysts through a solution.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and relationship skills, especially the ability to articulate advanced technical topics and build consensus among business and technical constituents.
- University degree or college diploma in Computer Network Systems and 2 – 5 years of equivalent industry experience in the Network Security field.
- Knowledge of security operational policies, procedures, and techniques
- Network certifications relating to main firewall technologies would be highly desirable.
- Job location: Canada / Ontario/Ottawa (downtown location)
- The ability to acquire a SECRET Security Clearance is a must.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.