Berkeley Home Health - Somerset & Wiltshire
Full Job Description
Carers are the beating hearts of Berkeley Home Health. With a supportive team behind them, they help our clients who might be elderly or vulnerable to live safely in their own homes where they feel most comfortable. Full and part time rotas available.
We love making sure our clients have everything they need. But we also make sure our carers have everything they need, too. If you want to learn and develop new skills, we’ll support and nurture you as you grow. It’s somewhere you can really put your heart into everything you do
What you’ll do
As a Care Assistant you’ll help look after clients by taking care of personal care, meal preparation, shopping, and all kinds of general admin tasks including housekeeping. But what’s most important is that you’ll also take time to get to know the person you help, and you’ll build a strong and rewarding relationship with them.
You can flex your work to suit your lifestyle, whether you’re looking for a full or part time role, or even just a few hours. We also provide full training if you’re new to care.
What’s on offer
- £15 per hour
- 45p mileage
- Paid travel time between your calls (at £9.50 per hour, £10.42 per 1 April 2023)
- Free uniform
- Free DBS
- Out of hours number so you can get support any time of the day
- A friendly and supportive team
- Paid training
- Care Certificate
- 28 days’ holiday (pro rata)
We’re looking for
- A genuine people person
- Someone who enjoys building and managing relationships with the people they care for
- An adaptable, flexible and professional approach
- Empathy and consideration
- An ability to follow instructions and care plans
- A good level of English, both verbally and in writing
- The ability to solve problems, and spot new ways for us to do better and be better
- A driver’s licence and access to your own car
- Authorisation to live and work in the UK
You may have been a carer, healthcare assistant, domiciliary carer, support worker or similar. Or you may have worked in customer service or retail, dealing with people. If you have no experience, don’t worry, we provide full training.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Zero hours contract
Salary: Up to £15.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Free or subsidised travel
- Referral programme
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Weekends only
- Do you have a valid driving licence?
- Do you have access to your own vehicle?
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.