BMO Financial Group
Customer Service Representative
Full Job Description
Thank you for your interest in BMO Financial Group. We are currently working towards providing a better candidate experience by including all of our job descriptions in both English and French. In the meantime, if this role is located in Quebec and/or New Brunswick please reference the French job description available below the English version. Otherwise please see the job description below in English as per federal language requirements.
Nous vous remercions pour votre intérêt à l’égard de BMO Groupe financier. Nous travaillons actuellement à offrir une meilleure expérience aux candidats en publiant toutes nos descriptions de poste en français et en anglais. Entre-temps, si ce poste est affiché au Québec ou au Nouveau-Brunswick, veuillez consulter la description de poste en français disponible sous la version anglaise. Autrement, veuillez consulter la description de poste ci-dessous en anglais, conformément aux exigences fédérales en matière de langues.
Delivers exceptional service to BMO customers and prospects. Identifies customer needs and provides advice and guidance regarding financial solutions that are in the best interests of customers. Works collaboratively within the branch and with BMO partners to deliver the desired customer experience and achieve overall business objectives.
- Identifies customer needs and initiates referrals to BMO colleagues.
- Supports customer requests for banking services, including handling transactions and supporting customers who walk into the branch.
- Welcomes customers warmly and meets their banking service and transactional needs with seamless execution.
- Offers advice and guidance on available digital and self-serve options to make it easy, simple, and fast to bank with BMO.
- Reviews customer profiles and engage customers in a needs-based conversation to identify potential opportunities and address everyday banking plans and credit card needs.
- Contributes to meeting branch business results and the customer experience.
- Supports operational activities (e.g. inventory management, escalated service requests, following up on customer applications, filing, opening, and closing activities).
- Manages, loads, and reconciles cash transactions between treasury and various branch units (e.g. CRU).
- Executes routine tasks (e.g. service requests, transactions, queries, etc.) within relevant service-level agreements.
- Acts as a key member of a collaborative and versatile branch and market team.
- Probes to understand customer personal banking and credit card needs and integrate marketing promotions and programs into customer conversations to provide strategic advice.
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Takes the initiative to find creative approaches that make each customer’s experience feel personal.
- Looks for ways to contribute to the ongoing improvement of the overall branch customer experience.
- Contributes to business results and the overall experience delivered in the branch.
- May work at multiple branches based on market needs; work schedule may differ from week to week in terms of days worked, hours, and shifts.
- Follows through on risk and compliance processes and policies to ensure we safeguard our customer’s assets, maintain their privacy, and act in their best interest.
- Keeps current with the wider financial services marketplace, the legal and regulatory environment, and our commitment to upholding the highest ethical requirements of our industry.
- Maintains current knowledge of personal banking and credit card industries, practices, and trends and integrates into customer conversations.
- Identifies and reports suspicious patterns of activity that are suspected to be related to money laundering.
- Complies with legal and regulatory requirements, including Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing reporting, Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC), and the Privacy Act.
- Protects the Bank’s assets in compliance with all regulatory, legal, and ethical requirements.
- Completes standardized tasks under supervision.
- Performs initial problem-solving within given rules/limits & escalates when required.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- No prior experience is necessary; a post-secondary degree or certification in a related field of study is desirable.
- High-level knowledge of personal, commercial, and partner offers, and how each can best serve customers’ individual needs.
- Confident and experienced in the use of social media, tablets, smartphones, online tools, and applications.
- Highly skilled at helping people who don’t find digital applications intuitive to gain confidence in how to use them and to understand their benefits.
- Projects a professional presence.
- Basic knowledge of specialized sales and business banking solutions to refer to specialists.
- Passionate commitment to helping customers.
- A focus on delivering a personal experience to customers.
- Resourceful self-starter with the courage and confidence to approach customers.
- Readiness to collaborate and work in different capacities as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build rapport and connections with customers.
- An aptitude for listening, solving problems, and responding flexibly and creatively to new challenges.
- Basic knowledge learned on the job.
- Verbal & written communication skills – Basic (in business environment).
- Organization skills – Basic (in business environment).
- Collaboration & team skills – Basic (in business environment).
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities, and our people. By working together, innovating, and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected, and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written, and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.