Jump to: Hide
Full Job Description
Brannon Steel is looking for an experienced counter-balance forklift operator to join the team as a Packager on the day shift (7am – 3pm) OR afternoon shift (3pm-11pm) at it’s Brampton facility. Starting from $23.44 per hour and up depending on experience, you’ll pick, pack, and ship steel parts to OEM customers in Canada and the USA.
- Move steel parts manually and using powered lift trucks and overhead cranes / hoists.
- Locate, retrieve, and package steel parts according to instructions.
- Manually apply rust inhibitors and other compounds to steel parts as needed.
- Perform visual inspections and ensure all parts & packaging meet customer requirements.
- Load trucks & trailers as needed.
- Complete all required production and quality paperwork.
- Valid counter-balance forklift training certificate with 1+ years of experience.
- Count large quantities.
- Perform basic math.
- Attention to detail.
- Speak, read, and write English at a conversational level.
- Lift up to 50 lbs (23 kgs).
- Overhead crane certification and experience is an asset.
- Able to work a day shift (Mon-Fri, 7am to 3pm) OR an afternoon shift (Mon to Fri, 3pm to 11pm).
- Compensation starting from $23.44 per hour depending on experience.
- Service award program including travel vouchers for $3,000, $5,000, and $10,000 for 10, 20, and 30 years of service.
- Group RRSP program with contribution matching up to 5% of regular annual earnings.
- Shift premiums up to $2 per hour on afternoons.
- Overtime after 40 hours per week.
- Full-time, permanent work at a stable, family-owned company.
- Company-supplied tools and equipment, uniforms, safety boots, and prescription safety glasses.
- Extended health coverage including prescriptions, paramedical expenses, and emergency travel assistance.
- Dental coverage including preventive, diagnostic, and treatment services.
- Short and long-term disability insurance.
- Life and AD&D insurance.
- Free employee assistance program.
- Opportunities to learn and advance.
- A friendly work environment where people support each other.
- Summer barbeques, annual golf tournament, and more!
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.