British School of Bahrain
Full Job Description
Reports to: Head of Finance
Other: Applications should be in English
Job Type: Full-time
The British School of Bahrain
We are BSB, a school with roots in the historic and culturally rich country of Bahrain, which is now growing within the global community. Join us on this journey.
The British School of Bahrain is committed to providing a high-quality, international education for students in the Kingdom of Bahrain. We are a selective, coeducational, independent Nursery-through-Year 13 school. Our curriculum is based on the National Curriculum for England and Wales, with some adaptations to the local context and offers IGCSE and A-Level/BTEC examinations. While the language of academic instruction is English, we are a truly international school, and our pupils and staff come from over 82 different nationalities. The school has 2900 students on roll aged 3-18, it has a warm feel to it, and there is a sense of fun. Most importantly, our students are a joy to teach.
BSB is a member of the Inspired global group of schools, which aspires to the highest standards in private education. Integrating innovative, challenging and enriching programmes in the academic curriculum, performing arts and sport is central to the Inspired approach.
Judged as ‘Outstanding’ in both our most recent BSO and BQA inspections, we have high expectations of our students throughout their educational journey. Our aim is to provide our graduating students with a passport to the best universities, colleges and careers around the world.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Manage all accounting transactions.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other reports.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Responsible for assisting in payable activities & proper filing of documents.
- Ensure all procedures are in place for asset coding & identification and perform depreciation, additions, disposal, capitalization and ensure that the accounting system is always up to date, performing physical verification exercise on Fixed Assets and Inventories.
- Perform treasury functions, including preparing Bank and Cash reconciliations, performing cash counts and related controls.
- Assist in monthly, quarterly & year-end books close reporting, preparing periodic management reports, forecasts, targets, budgets in compliance with business/financial policies and standards.
- Perform controls as required by the Finance Department.
- Coordinate and manage the annual audit process with external auditors.
- Perform other tasks as required from time to time.
Skills and Competencies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with demonstrated abilities in Excel.
- Analytical expertise and a keen eye for detail and a desire to probe further into data.
- The ability to develop strong working relationships and maintain work ethics.
- Expert-level experience in multitasking with the ability to set priorities as per the given situation.
- Ability to stick to time constraints.
- Fluent in English and Arabic (which is a plus).
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with specialisation in accounting or finance.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in accounting and finance preferably in Bahrain.
The British School of Bahrain is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will undergo rigorous child protection screening including required safeguarding checks.
To apply for this position, please complete the TES online application. The application form will be automatically directed to the BSB Human Resources Department.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes’ Fair Recruitment Policy.
To apply for this job please visit bh.indeed.com.