Bupa Care Homes
Full Job Description
As a Care Assistant, you’re at the heart of making a difference to our residents. You’re as passionate about care as we are, and we’d love you to be part of our family. You’ll be working with the most remarkable team (we’ve just been awarded Care Home Provider of the Year at the Leaders in Care Awards 2022), helping people from your own community.
We know that family can come from anywhere. At Bupa Care Homes, it’s our privilege to care for people – treating each resident as if they were part of our own family. Right now, we’re looking for a caring individual to join our friendly team at our Croft House Care Home in Great Dunmow, Essex.
- Assisting residents with personal care duties such as bathing, dressing and toileting
- Supporting residents to move around the home. This might involve supporting them to walk, transferring them in a wheelchair or using a hoist
- Repositioning residents to ensure they are comfortable and supported
- Admin duties: updating food, fluid and stool charts, supplementary files, daily notes and care plans
- Supporting the Nurse or Senior Care Assistant to complete monthly and weekly checks to monitor the health of our residents and reporting any significant changes
- Serving meals/drinks and transferring residents to the dining room (day shift only)
Attending planned activities: assisting the team, repositioning, providing care as necessary and taking part in day trips outside the home (day shift only)
Who we’re looking for
You’re someone that cares for others and wants to make a real difference to people’s lives. You may have previous care experience, or you might have experience in retail, hospitality, or something similar – either way, we’ll equip you with the necessary training to provide the highest standard of care. You understand there will be challenging days, but you’ll also laugh, have fun and make lasting memories with our residents. A great communicator, you’ll enjoy working in a close-knit team that feels like a family, with people from all walks of life. You’ll cherish the rewarding moments you have with our residents each and every day.
The added benefits of Bupa
- 28 days holiday
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development and options for internal apprenticeship schemes
- Access to MyHealthcare which gives you quick, easy access to free support, advice, and treatment for a variety of health-related issues, including remote GP, physiotherapy, and mental health support – all available from one phone number.
- Additional health & wellbeing tools including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- Healthcare Insurance Cash plan (after 18 months’ service) giving you the ability to claim on everyday treatments like dental, optical and private prescriptions
- My Bupa Extras – discounts at your favourite retailers, plus a huge range of tools, content and information to support you with your wellbeing.
- Wagestream *– Access your income before pay day, if and when you need it
- Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.