Amazon Canada Jobs Montreal
|Post Name||Business Contracts Technical Program Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 55 To CAD 59 Per Hour|
|Location||Montreal, Quebec, Canada H8T 3P8|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, offering virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, from startups to enterprises, run their operations and applications on AWS’s multi-tenant infrastructure. Organizations also look to and depend on AWS for cloud solutions and services.
We have an immediate opening for a Business Contracts Technical Program Manager to support the AWS World Wide Public Sector team focusing on Canadian customers and implementation and management of the AWS Canada Francization program (Francization Program).
This position will be based in Montreal or Quebec City and will report to a Senior Manager responsible for overseeing the Business Contracts team within the LCC region. This role requires bilingualism in French and English because it requires interaction with other Amazon employees and stakeholders globally and in other provinces in Canada.
This position has a strong focus on post-award contract management and program management. You will support the Business Contracts team, working hand in hand with internal stakeholders across AWS in Canada and globally, as well as external stakeholders, including the Office québécois de la langue française (OQLF).
The primary objective of the technical program manager is to ensure that appropriate, sustainable processes and procedures are implemented and maintained to ensure compliance with the Act respecting French, the official and common language of Québec.
You will be accountable for creating strategic plans to maintain and manage the Francization Program to ensure all legal requirements are met for OQLF audits and the program triennial recertification process. You will be responsible for identifying non-standard obligations, process and product owners, and compliance capability, as well as collaborating with stakehodlers to develop processes and mechanisms to maintain compliance.
You will also support contract management programs in Canada, particularly with reporting requirements and other non-standard obligations. This role is highly visible within Amazon and provides an opportunity to influence processes across multiple teams and businesses; success requires strong communications skills and comfort working through ambiguity.
Responsibilities will include driving continuous improvement in the Francization Program and contracts management operations to support compliance, building sustainanble mechanisms to simplify management of and to efficiently scale public sector business contracts and Francization Program requirements, and supporting the development of policies, procedures, methods, operating practices, and performance standards for a variety of Canadian contract and compliance programs.
You will participate in the review of customer contract and procurement documents, maintain contract records/files, and manage, track, and ensure compliance with all contractual obligations. This role requires a strong desire and ability to develop and implement tools and automation in contract operations to increase efficiency and sales productivity.
You will also support the sales team in educating customers on AWS cloud services, including advising them on the AWS cloud contracting model and best practices regarding commercial terms and conditions in the context of public sector acquisition policies and regulations.
This position requires the candidate to have strong attention to detail, great follow-through, the ability to identify and drive global process improvements, coordinate between sales, operations, and legal teams, and be an influential communicator amongst both external and internal customers.
- 5+ years of program management and/or contracts compliance management, driving process improvement with cross-functional teams;
- Experience implementing repeatable processes and driving automation and standardization;
- Ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems to make business decisions using relevant data and insights and communicate the outcome at all levels within the organization;
- Ability to coordinate with and influence cross-functional stakeholders;
- Experience with the public sector, particularly with government contracting officials, systems integrators, prime contractors, subcontractors, and resellers;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Strong written and oral communication skills; and,
- Bilingual in French and English.
- 5+ years’ experience with government acquisition regulations, all government contract types, commercial contracts, international contracts, and cradle-to-grave contract management;
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing legal terms of a broad range of enterprise technology commercial contracts;
- Experience working with government agencies (i.e., OQLF) and a strong understanding of contracts vehicles, and cycles;
- Ability to work independently, while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams; and,
- Detail oriented, common sense, and great judgment.