Your role at GEI.
GEI is seeking respected professionals who aspire to have a positive impact on GEI s land development infrastructure supervision team and are interested in working collaboratively with a talented team of design, management, and technical leaders. This field-based position will support GEI s land development engineering practice in our Markham, Ontario office, which provides services in a wide range of settings. Representative projects for the land development and civil site design for residential, industrial, commercial, and municipal sites.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Experience with functional and detailed residential subdivision and ICI design
- Design of municipal services (Storm, Sanitary, Watermain)
- Design of local municipal roadways
- Develop grading plans from existing survey data
- Earthworks analysis
- Prepare engineering drawing sheets
- Convert field information to final drawings
- Preparation of technical memos, reports, construction plans and specifications
- Direct and coordinate the assembly of final plan sets from multiple discipline work
- 5-10 years of civil design and inspection experience
- Experienced with standard analysis programs, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Microsoft office programs, and other associated programs is desired
We are GEI.
Some of the world s most pressing problems – from climate change to sustainable development, to critical infrastructure and the future of our energy supply – need our brightest and diverse minds working together to create safer, more resilient communities for tomorrow.
We are technical experts, collaborators, and entrepreneurs who draw from diverse backgrounds to solve our clients most complex challenges.
With more than 54 offices across North America, we offer a range of engineering, science, and technical consulting services. Our range of expertise, project types, and culture make us the choice for top talent in the AEC industry.
GEI merged with GM BluePlan, an Ontario-based engineering, management, and technology consulting company. The merger adds GM BluePlan s nationally recognized expertise in asset management and infrastructure planning to the GEI family, furthering our growth and expansion in Canada.
As a 100% employee-owned company, our employees support our flat leadership structure, have a say in how our business operates and benefit from our financial success. We are committed to employee growth with career development opportunities, competitive total rewards, a well-being program, flexible work arrangements and more. Our company culture is driven by our 4 Cs – we are Client-Centered, Curious, Collaborative, and Community Minded – which support our focus on sustainability, safety, diversity, equity and inclusion. Get to know us better by visiting GEI s career site here.
GEI s Total Rewards Package
- Market-Competitive Compensation, including Eligibility for an Annual Performance Bonus
- Comprehensive Benefits Program including Health Care and Wellness Spending Accounts
- Hybrid Work Schedules and Home Office and Cell Phone Stipends
- GEI University (GEIU) with Continuing Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Connecting Conversation Program with a Focus on Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Support and Financial Rewards for Publication Awards, Professional Dues, and Professional Licenses
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off Program
- Rewards and Recognition
- RRSP Program
- Opportunity to be an Owner and Shareholder
- A Vibrant Culture that is Focused on Partnership, Sustainability, Giving Back to Our Communities and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- And More…
GEI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Indigenous status or any other factors considered discriminatory. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.