The Paper Place
Math & Science Tutor
|Hiring Organization||The Paper Place|
|Post Name||Math & Science Tutor|
|Qualification||Undergraduate Degree (or in the process of completion) in a relevant field.|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 19 To CAD 20 Per Hour|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
Driven by the mission to democratize education, Paper is the largest provider of educational support, supporting millions of students through partnerships with thousands of school districts. The paper helps deliver true educational equity through its category-leading Educational Support System (ESS) which offers virtual access to 24/7 tutors and essay reviewers.
Paper philosophically believes that all students should be given the tools and resources to reach their academic potential, independent of socio-economic status, geography, language or other barriers. We are headquartered in Montreal, Quebec with remote employees across the US and Canada. Paper is proud to have been named by GSV as one of the most transformational growth companies in digital learning.
We are looking for experienced Math & Science tutors dedicated to making education more equitable to join our growing team.
Our tutors are subject matter experts who use The Paper Method: A Customized Methodology to engage with students and help them develop their skills and confidence by providing individualized guidance and step-by-step support through our live, chat-based tutoring platform.
You’ll have the chance to hone your tutoring skills, all while making a meaningful difference in students’ lives by helping them improve their academic, professional, and personal skills. There are tutors online around the clock in many different subjects, and as a Paper Tutor, you may receive students in any of the topics that you are proficient in (which you identify in your application).
When working in the Paper classroom, you may be working with several students at once. They could be working on different topics and may be working at different grade and ability levels!
This position is open across Canada.
- Chat-based Live Tutoring: Manage tutoring sessions with multiple students (simultaneously) in your area of expertise.
- Respectfully encourage critical thinking in students who have diverse beliefs, opinions, and experiences while being aware of your own biases.
- Conduct pedagogical assessments, and provide feedback to teachers and students.
- Create an engaging learning environment, and enhance student confidence and interest in learning.
- Contribute to the tutor team by offering your knowledge and support to peers.
- Run multiple simultaneous individual tutoring sessions covering a variety of grades, ability levels, and subjects.
- Comfortable with uploading a headshot of yourself that will be visible on your tutoring profile.
- Tutoring experience of 1+ years.
- Experience working with children preferred.
- Undergraduate Degree (or in the process of completion) in a relevant field.
- Passionate about learning and teaching.
- Ability to adapt to diverse, individual needs and learning styles.
- Ability to sit and type at a computer for long periods of time.
- Consistently available to work at least 10 hours per week. Shifts vary from 4-8 hours in length
- Work with a dynamic team that provides support whenever you get stuck.
- Work from the comfort of your home!
- Flexible schedule based on your availability!
- Opportunity for career development and advancement into management with a fast-growing company.
- This a unique opportunity to make an impact by making education more equitable.
- Student demand fluctuates throughout the school year, peaking in the fall and dropping off during winter holidays and summer.
- Part-time tutors may receive up to 30 hours of tutoring shifts per week
- Our tutors work within blocks and you can select 1 per day to create your availability within
- Block 1: 4am – 2pm EST
- Block 2: 11am – 10pm EST
- Block 3: 8pm – 6am EST
Paper offers an exciting, dynamic, inclusive work environment putting excellence at the center of everything we do. Our mission is woven into the fabric of our culture, challenging our team to build meaningful and creative solutions.
We thrive when we collaborate with each other, and use integrity and selflessness to align our business decisions with our mission. We approach every challenge with positivity, achieving the outcome we want regardless of what gets in the way. Our tenacity propels our hyper-growth, where trust is key and we all strive to make an impact every day.
We believe that diverse teams build better products. Paper does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Nobody checks every box, but the Paper team is built by passionate and innovative people who share our mission for democratizing education. If you don’t think you meet all of the requirements above but are still interested in the job, please apply.
PS. Equity is our mission! We make sure to treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our job board – our amazing talent team will reach out! Our team isn’t able to pass on any calls/ emails our way – and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.