Canada Post - Postes Canada
Jump to: Hide
Letter Carrier – Delivery Agent
Canada Post is an exciting place to work! And you can be part of it!
We deliver billions of items to Canadians each year – and you can be a big part of making this happen. As a temporary, on-call delivery agent (also known as a letter carrier), you’ll be the face of Canada Post in your community and make sure customers and businesses get the mail and parcels they’re waiting for.
Does this sound like you? The role of delivery agent would be a great fit if you:
- like meeting people and making their day
- enjoy being outside and active year-round
- want to work for a great national company
- would be proud to serve your fellow Canadians
What will you do?
- You’ll start your day in the depot, sorting and preparing the day’s deliveries
- You’ll load and drive a Canada Post postal vehicle
Job Responsibilities (continued)
- You’ll then spend most of your day outside, delivering mail and packages by foot or by vehicle to customers on your route
- You’ll return to the depot to unload the day’s incoming mail and packages for later delivery
What must you have?
- A valid Class 5 or Class G driver’s licence with a safe driving record for at least 3 years (driver’s abstract required)
- The physical ability to lift mail items weighing up to 22.7 kg (50 lb) and carry items weighing up to 15.9 kg (35 lb) regularly throughout the day
- The ability to work in all types of weather
- The availability to be on-call
- The ability to read, write and speak English and/or French
These help, too!
- Experience in customer service
- Experience making deliveries or working as a driver
In return, we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Extensive classroom and on-the-job training about your duties and safety on the job
- Opportunities for permanent employment
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.