Canada Revenue Agency
Mail and General Services Technician
About the job
The CRA is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment with a diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. It starts with the hiring process. To find out more about the CRA’s actions in support of Employment Equity (EE), diversity and inclusion, and read testimonials from our employees and executives.
We encourage you to complete the EE Staffing questionnaire as part of your application if you wish to be considered for appointments using the EE staffing requirement in this process. Also, ensure that you have provided consent in the EE staffing questionnaire for your EE information to be used for screening or selection. If you do not complete the questionnaire, you will not be considered for any appointments using the EE staffing requirement in this process. If you decide to modify your response or fill out this questionnaire at a later date, please notify the contact listed at the bottom of this notice of job opportunity.
CRA prioritizes diversity and inclusion and is firmly committed to providing a diverse workforce that reflects the population we serve. CRA’s National Employment Equity (EE) Staffing Strategy strives to eliminate EE gaps for the four EE designated groups: Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and women. Where an EE gap exists at the time of appointment, EE may be used as an appointment criterion for permanent and temporary appointments/staffing actions over six months made through this process.
Key Activities of the job being staffed:
- Operates materiel handling equipment, e.g. motorized and non-motorized forklifts, and drives light and heavy vehicles.
- Receives, verifies, inventories, stores, issues, distributes, ships and disposes of materiel.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail including counting and recording of all remittances.
- Maintains statistics on incoming and outgoing mail volumes and inputs mail and materiel management data into the Agency corporate administrative system.
- Reports damages, shortages and deterioration of materiel.
- Picks up classified waste from clients and prepares for destruction.
- Dismantles moves and erects office enclosures and provides basic maintenance, moving, and storage services.
- Provides guidance to Agency clients regarding materiel handling and mail services.
- A secondary school diploma
Candidates with foreign education credentials must have their education confirmed by a recognized credential assessment service. Any applicable fees are the responsibility of the candidate.
Have *experience in:
- Driving fleet vehicles such as large cargo vans (E150) AND large cube trucks (F550) – Must possess valid license (with ability to operate a vehicle over 4500kg) – Provide driving record (**see Note below)
- Using power tools (e.g. drills and saws)
- Stretching, climbing, bending, lifting, and carrying heavy cartons, mailbags, pallets, and furniture exceeding 30 kilograms and pushing heavy carts or equipment on a daily basis
- Operating material handling equipment (e.g. motorized and non-motorized forklifts, pump trucks, dollies, carts)
*Experience is normally associated with the performance of these functions as part of the major job duties accomplished for a period of no less than 6 cumulative months in the last 10 years.
Minimum and essential
The minimum and essential staffing requirements indicated below will be assessed during the process and may be used to identify candidates for positions. Asset staffing requirements may also be assessed during the staffing process and may be used to identify candidates for positions. You will be notified in advance of any asset requirements to be evaluated.
- Performance validation
- Budgetary considerations
- Duration of appointment
- Start date
- Minimize business disruption
- Employment Equity
We may limit the number of candidates to be considered further in this staffing process by using a top-down approach to select candidates with the best results achieved on one or more assessments.
Conditions of employment
- Reliability Status
- Willingness to work overtime
- Willingness to travel
- Valid Class G Driver’s License (with ability to operate a vehicle over 4500kg)
- Willingness to work on evenings and/or on weekends
- Capacity to regularly lift objects weighing up to 30 kg
- Willingness to work shifts or a flexible schedule (including weekends and statutory holidays)
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.