This position will work as a member of a two-person Downtown Clean Team responsible for cleaning and maintaining the City’s downtown core. The duties may involve litter pickup and removal, graffiti removal, pressure washing, sign and street furniture maintenance, and vegetation removal. The duties may involve hazardous working conditions, specialized skills, and the incumbent may be assigned to various supervisors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Considerable experience in civil construction and Municipal maintenance work. Some training and knowledge in the operation of small power equipment such as saws and rollers.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, methods and materials used in civil construction and Municipal Maintenance work
- Must have the ability to understand, carry-out and effectively communicate to fellow employees, oral and written instructions from a supervisor
- Ability to keep simple records of the work performed
- Sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination to perform heavy manual outdoor work in all weather conditions
- Ability to respond to after-hours emergencies
- Must show independence of judgment in the performance of duties and work with a minimum of supervision
- Knowledge of and ability to operate small rollers, a variety of power saws, jack hammers, oil sprayers, vibrators, concrete mixer and drive light duty trucks.
LICENCES AND CERTIFICATES
A valid class 5 BC Driver’s License with a safe driving record is required.
Preference will be given to candidates who have excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
You must have an interest and ability in dealing with the public, be a self-starter and be able to work independently.
- The hours of work for this position will be Wednesday to Sunday from 7:00am to 3:30pm
- Works with a crew to complete assigned tasks in a professional and competent manner. The employee should have knowledge of road maintenance techniques.
- Ability to operate light to medium duty trucks occasionally
- Ability to use power tools such as pressure washers, weed trimmers, brushing trimmers, cut off saws;
- As part of the application process we require you to upload your drivers’ abstract.
- Possession of a valid B.C. Class 3 Drivers License c/w air brake endorsement or heavy equipment operation experience will provide added opportunity for advancement;;
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.