Canadian National Railway
Train Reporting Representative
At CN, every day brings new and exciting challenges. You can expect an interesting environment where you’re part of making sure our business is running optimally and safely―helping keep the economy on track. We provide the kind of paid training and opportunities that long-term careers are built on and we recognize hard workers who strive to make a difference. You will be able to thrive in our close-knit, safety-focused culture working together as ONE TEAM. The careers we offer are meaningful because the work we do matters. Join us!
The Train Reporting Representative (TRR) is responsible for providing accurate and timely train and railcar movement reports. The incumbent ensures that CN meets the needs of its customers by providing essential data that allows customers and internal stakeholders to make informed decisions about how to manage their railcar inventory. The position ensures that the Company’s training reporting needs are met. The role identifies reporting violations and escalates them so that appropriate steps can be taken to find long-term resolutions.
The incumbent acts as the first line of communication with the organization’s Operational counterparts. The role safeguards and ensures appropriate communication concerning CN’s customer service experience. The position interacts closely and effectively with fellow members of the Service Delivery team and other internal CN stakeholders to develop productive relationships with them. Additionally, the role protects the Service Delivery and the Company’s brands.
- Provide accurate and timely train and railcar movement reports
- Provide work orders and movement instructions for train crews and other Operational personnel as well as prepare information for other ancillary tasks
- Collaborate with Service Delivery to safeguard service, as required
- Communicate with internal parties regarding reporting issues, service exceptions, and special requests
- Update various logs, forms, and systems, as required
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
The role requires being available on-call 24/7 to respond to critical incidents. The incumbent must be available to work night, day, and afternoon shifts, including weekends and holidays. The position must be able to work for prolonged periods sitting, typing, and looking at multiple computer monitors. The role must be able to handle some physical exertion, as required. Due to the nature of the role, the incumbent must be able to meet tight deadlines and handle pressure, and stress.
- Experience in using computers and computer systems extensively
- Post-Secondary education and equivalent experience*
- Bilingual French and English*
- Display ethical behavior and strict adherence to courtesy, honesty, and responsibility in the work
- Applies critical thinking
- Communicates with impact
- Collaborates with others and shares information
- Empower TRRs to be proactive and forward-thinking, display ownership of tasks, and tenacity when working towards issue resolution
- Knowledge of North American geography
- Must be dedicated to meeting internal and external goals
- Any experience/education/skills/knowledge for these above would be considered as an asset
The incumbent attends a training program involving classroom and practical instruction.
This position is a unionized position. As such, pay and benefits are governed by the applicable collective agreement
CN is a world-class transportation leader and trade enabler. Essential to the economy, to the customers, and to the communities it serves, CN safely transports more than 300 million tons of natural resources, manufactured products, and finished goods throughout North America every year. As the only railroad connecting Canada’s Eastern and Western coasts with the Southern tip of the U.S. through a 19,500-mile rail network, CN and its affiliates have been contributing to community prosperity and sustainable trade. CN is committed to programs supporting social responsibility and environmental stewardship. At CN, we work as ONE TEAM, focused on safety, sustainability, and our customers, providing operational and supply chain excellence to deliver results.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.